Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up assimilation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Assimilation may refer to:
- Cultural assimilation, the process whereby a minority group gradually adapts to the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture and customs cf. deculturalization
- Assimilation (biology) the conversion of nutrient into the fluid or solid substance of the body, by the processes of digestion and absorption
- Assimilation (phonology), a linguistic process by which a sound becomes similar to an adjacent sound
- Assimilation (meteorology), the process of objectively adapting the model state (of a numerical weather prediction model) to observations in a statistical optimal way taking into account model and observation errors
- Assimilation (psychology), incorporation of new concepts into existing schemes
- Assimilation (French colonial), an ideological basis of French colonial policy in the 19th and 20th centuries
- Assimilation effect, a frequently observed bias in social cognition
- Assimilation (album), a 2001 album by Deliverance
- Religious assimilation
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Assimilation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.