Associated Private Nature Reserves
Associated Private Nature Reserves, (APNR), is an association of privately owned nature reserves bordering on the Kruger National Park. Collectively they represent 1,800 square kilometres (180,000 ha) of land dedicated to conservation. In June 1993 the fences between Kruger National Park and the APNR were removed.
The following reserves are members of the APNR:
- Balule Nature Reserve, also known as Bulule Private Game Reserve 
- Kapama Game Reserve, also known as Kapama Private Game Reserve.
- Klaserie Game Reserve, also known as Klaserie Private Nature Reserve.
- Timbavati Game Reserve, also known as Timbavati Private Game Resereve.
- Thornybush Game Reserve, also known as Thornybush Private Game Reserve.
- Umbabat Game Reserve, also known as Umbabat Private Game Reserve
- ^ a b "Save the Elephants Annual Report (2008)" (PDF). Save the Elephants. August 2008. p. 13. Retrieved 10 December 2009.[permanent dead link]
- ^ Herbert Prins; Jan Geu Grootenhuis; Thomas T. Dolan (6 December 2012). Wildlife Conservation by Sustainable Use. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 270–. ISBN 978-94-011-4012-6.
- ^ Turner, Jason (November 2005). "The impact of lion predation on the large ungulates of the Associated Private Nature Reserves, South Africa". Pretoria: University of Pretoria. pp. 49 & 56. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- ^ "Management Plan for Olifants West Nature Reserve". October 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2015.