Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Revenue||€219.3 million (2010) |
|Total assets||€352.6 million|
|Total equity||€209.1 million|
Astarta Holding is a Ukrainian agricultural and industrial holding company. The company has been listed on Warsaw Stock Exchange since 2006. Its main producing assets are located in Poltava, Vinnytsia and Khmelnytskyi oblasts.
- Agro-industrial holding Astarta-Kyiv was established in 1993.
- In 1996-1998, it began investing in agriculture. The assets of the first agricultural company Pustoviytove in the Poltava oblast were acquired in 1997.
- In 1999, a controlling stake in the first sugar plant Yareskivsky was acquired.
- In 2003, the Company acquired the Zhdanivsky and Kobelyatsky sugar plants.
- In 2004-2005, the Company acquired the Veselopodilsky and Globynsky sugar plants.
- In August 2006, ASTARTA's shares are listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- In 2007, the Group actively expanded operations by acquiring new agricultural companies and increasing the area of leased agricultural land.
- In May 2008, the Company starts cooperation with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, by means of which energy efficiency program is being funded.
- In 2008, ASTARTA, was one of the first agricultural companies to sign an agreement with the Multilateral Carbon Credit Fund established by EBRD and European Investment Bank, with the aim to implement carbon credits under the Kyoto Protocol, which covers the reduction of carbon emissions from factories in the period from 2008 to 2012.
- In 2008, the Company adopted the decision directed on geographical diversification. The Group has expanded its operations to Khmeltnitski region and acquired the Narkevychi sugar plant as well as agricultural enterprises in order to provide the sugar plant with own sugar beet.
- In 2009, the company came along the large-scale reconstruction process with the aim to combine agricultural assets and sugar plants within the same industrial association. As a result, the Company managed to optimize production, reduce administrative costs and improve asset management.
- In February 2011, the Company acquired the Novoivankivskyi sugar plant in Kharkiv region.
- In July 2011, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) approved a senior secured long-term loan of up to $80m for Astarta Holding. The proceeds will be used to consolidate the EBRD's existing loans to the company and provide additional long-term financing for further development of Astarta's agricultural and sugar infrastructure, as well as the expansion of the land bank and construction of a dairy farm.
- In 2012, ASTARTA initiated construction of soybean processing plant and biogas complex.
- Astarta Holding N.V. (31 December 2010). "Annual Report for the Year 2010" (PDF). astartakiev.com. Astarta Holding N.V. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Головна - АСТАРТА - КИЕВ агропромхолдинг". www.astartakiev.com.
- "Company History and Development - ASTARTA-KIEV agroindustrial holding". www.astartakiev.com.
- "GALT & TAGGART". bgcapital.ge.