|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Directed by||Tathagata Bhattacherjee|
|Produced by||Amit Agarwal|
|Written by||Tathagata Bhattacherjee|
|Music by||Debjit Bera|
|Edited by||Amit Agarwal|
|Distributed by||Adarsh Telemedia Pvt. Ltd.|
|Box office||3.5 Crores|
Astra is a 2012 Bengali film produced by Amit Agarwal and directed by Tathagata Bhattacherjee. This is an action film which revolves around the love story of a gangster. In this film, DaVinci Resolve — the latest colour grading software was used for the first time in an eastern India film.
Astra is a tale of a gangster who becomes a victim of love. Baban is a dreaded sharp shooter working for an underworld don. For him… killing is as easy as breathing. But in an unprecedented twist of fate a woman enters his life. Koena…a journalist by profession is the one who gives Baban the jolt of his life as he falls head over heels for her. Love blossoms….and dreams are nurtured. Destiny however wills otherwise. Koena unaware of Baban’s identity all this while becomes an eye witness to one of his brutal contract killings. Blood spills in their path of love. Baban convinces Koena that he was not a gangster by birth but due to unavoidable circumstances…. Koena agrees and asks him to surrender to law. Baban is trapped…..if he were to leave his gang….he would be eliminated…..if he carried on he would lose the one he loved. It is up to Baban now to survive…..whether with the weapon of blood and gore or with the weapon of love and peace.
- Joy Mukherjee as Baban
- Samapika Debnath as Koena Chatterjee
- Soumitra Chatterjee as Masoor Chacha
- Deepankar De as Biplab Dasgupta
- Shankar Chakraborty as Sambhu Da
- Biplab Chatterjee as Faiz Bhai
- Masood Akhtar as Mukhtar Bhai
- Rajesh Sharma as Inspector Sanyal
- Ashoke Viswanathan as Police Commissioner
- "‘Reely’ special Durga Puja gift". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Music launch of Bengali movie 'Astro'". Gomolo. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Review : Astra - The Weapon". Bengali Movies (website). Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Astra introduces DaVinci Resolve". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
|This article about a Bengali film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|