Atef Najib (Arabic: عاطف نجيب) was the political security chief in the city of Daraa, and is a cousin of President Assad. According to a fighter who defected to the opposition in the Syrian Civil War, Najib took "pleasure in hearing their [children being tortured by the government] painful moans".
- Shireen Qabani, "Counting the Cost in Arsal", Asharq al-Awsat, 24 March 2014.
- Shadid, Anthony (2 May 2011). "In Syria, Reports of Arrests Proliferate". New York Times.
- Muir, Jim (24 March 2011). "Syria: Setting the country alight?". BBC News.
- Friedman, Uri. "U.S. Responds to Syrian Crackdown with New Round of Sanctions". The Atlantic Wire.
- Sands, Phil (20 March 2014). "Blood ties: the shadowy member of the Assad clan who ignited the Syrian conflict". The National.
|This Syria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|