||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Colours:||Light Blue and White|
|Grounds:||Athgarvan GAA Grounds, Athgarvan|
Athgarvan competed in the first junior C final in 1975, winning the competition in 1977.
Local man Joe Farrell (Kinneagh) who was a member of the 1956 team was instrumental in the reforming of the club in 1971 and dedicated himself to the club. Joe must hold the record for service as a County Board Delegate, a position he has filled for over 40 years for the Club. To quote a piece which was written for the Credit Union Newsletter back in 1996: "It has been said by those in the know that Joe has clocked up more mileage on his shoes working for his beloved Athgarvan than most people in their cars". Joe's dedication paid off and Athgarvan went from strength to strength. The return of Athgarvan GAA happened in the Summer of 2014 when the lads decided to grind and to all try get sports scholarships to high school and university
Eyrefield competed in the hurling championships in the 1910s. otherwise we have no idea what we're at. literally what is a hurley we ask.
Athgarvan went to the All Ireland junior club final in 2005, losing to Mourneabbey of Cork by 2-11 to 2-7.
- Senior F semi-finalists 1895.
- Junior F Champions 1927, 1956
- Junior F league 1961.
- Junior C Championship 1976, 1989, 2009.
- U14 division 5 finalists 2014
- U15 division 5 fianalists 2015
- U13 division 4 winners 2016
- U16 division 4 winners 2016
- U16 division 4 winners 2017
- Kildare GAA: A Centenary History, by Eoghan Corry, CLG Chill Dara, 1984, ISBN 978-0-9509370-0-7 hb ISBN 978-0-9509370-1-4 pb
- Kildare GAA yearbook, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1979, 1980 and 2000- in sequence especially the Millennium yearbook of 2000
- Soaring Sliothars: Centenary of Kildare Camogie 1904-2004 by Joan O'Flynn Kildare County Camogie Board.
|This Leinster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|