|Colours:||Red and White|
|Grounds:||Tadhg Downey Park, Ballyvoneen, Cloncurry|
Cappagh was founded by Paddy Butler and John Murray in the aftermath of the Easter Rising. Their grounds in Ballyvauneen, southwest of Cappagh, were purchased in 1971 and their dressing room complex opened in 1995.
Kerryman Tadhg Downey played at corner forward on the 1939 Kildare championship team. At Downey’s behest, Cappagh adopted the red jerseys of the Dingle club, worn by Kerry in the 1938 All Ireland final. They amalgamated with Kilcock 1938-41 and 1955-62 Jim Daly and Pat Lyons played on the Kildare team in 1950.
Under 15's down to Nursery.
Hurling was introduced at Nursery level in 2010 by current hurling coordinator Tom Murray. They won their first hurling trophy with their u12 div 4 in 2015. On the same day their u12 team in Div 2 narrowly lost to Kilcock in their final. They were also name hurling club of the year by Kildare north Board. This was followed up with the u12 winning div 2 in 2016 and being promoted to div 1 for the following year. In 2016 Cappagh amalgamated with Broadford at u14, under the name Northern gaels. They played in Feile and lost to Celbridge in the final and went on to win the shield final in the shield again against Celbridge. The Northeren Gaels followed this up with winning the shield final in the u15 in the autumn 2016.
Founded on October March 5, 1972 by Molly O’Donoghue and Lena Downey winners of 20 titles at under-age level and are the only camogie club to have their own pitch. The original club colours were grey and white, now grey red and white. Cappagh hosted the National League Division 2 final of 1980. In 1978 they became the first club in Kildare to achieve the Kildare Senior Camogie Championship- Kildare Junior Camogie Championship double.
- Kildare Intermediate Football Championship (1) 1946 Finalists 1944
- Leinster Leader Cup Finalists 1946
- Kildare Junior B Football Championship (2) 1975, 1990 Finalists 1978
- Kildare Junior Football Championship Finalists 1942
- Kildare Senior Football League Division 3: Champions (1) 1977
- Kildare Junior C Football Championship (1) 1975
- Kildare Junior 7-A-Side Championship (1) 2005
- The Leinster Leader Junior Club Cup (2) 1997, 2006
- Bord na nÓg Under 13s Div4 League Champions (1) 2009
- Kildare Ladies football Under 13's Div3 Championship (1) 2014
- Kildare Under-12 Div. Championship (1) 2015
- Kildare Camogie Under-21 Championship (1) 2015
- Kildare Camogie senior shield Championship (1) 2015.
- Kildare Under-12 Hurling Div. 2 Championship (1) 2016
- Kildare Under-12 Shield Championship - Northern Gaels (Cappagh & Broadford amalgamation) Spring 2016.
- Kildare Under-15 Shield Championship Northern Gaels Autumn 2016
- Kildare Camogie Under-12 Championship (1) 2017
- Kildare GAA: A Centenary History, by Eoghan Corry, CLG Chill Dara, 1984, ISBN 0-9509370-0-2 hb ISBN 0-9509370-1-0 pb
- Kildare GAA yearbook, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1979, 1980 and 2000- in sequence especially the Millennium yearbook of 2000
- Soaring Sliothars: Centenary of Kildare Camogie 1904-2004 by Joan O'Flynn Kildare County Camogie Board.
|This Leinster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|