Atkinson Candy Company
Atkinson Candy Company is a private company founded in 1932 by B.E. Atkinson, Sr., and his wife, Mabel C. Atkinson. The company currently operates out of a 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) facility, and is led by siblings Eric and Amy Atkinson, grandchildren of the founders. The third and fourth generations of the Atkinson family are now running the Atkinson Candy Company.
In 1983, Atkinson purchased another local company, the Judson Candy Company, later known as Judson-Atkinson Candies. Judson-Atkinson was founded in 1899, and was based in San Antonio, Texas. In 2011, Judson-Atkinson shut down business temporarily due to the high prices of sugar and raw materials.  Judson-Atkinson Candy Company used about four million pounds of sugar each year to make their bulk candies.
Atkinson Candy Company specializes in peanut butter and peppermint-flavored candies. The current product line includes the Chick-O-Stick, Coconut Long Boys, peanut brittle, mint twists, Peanut Butter Bars, and holiday candy. Atkinson also produces a premium hard candy line known as Gemstone Candies. In 2013, Atkinson acquired the candies Black Cow, Slo Poke and Sophie Mae from The Warrell Corporation.
- "Atkinson Candy Company sponsoring 1st-ever female MMA national champ", Lufkin Daily News, 13 December 2009
- "Atkinson Candy CO". Manta Media Inc. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Company website
- "Atkinson Candy Company". Candy.com. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- Kimmerle, Beth (2003). Candy: the sweet history. Collectors Press, Inc. p. 78. ISBN 978-1-888054-83-5.
- "Hoover's Company Profiles: Atkinson Candy Company". Answers Corporation. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Judson-Atkinson Candies Closes Its Doors - For Now". Candy Industry. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Not so sweet times for S.A. candy maker". Hearst Communications Inc. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Atkinson Candy Co. acquires Black Cow, Slo Poke and Sophie Mae". Candy Industry. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|