Attack from Mars
|Release date||December 1995|
|Programming||Lyman F. Sheats|
|Mechanics||Robert C. Friesl|
In this game, Martians began to invade the Earth, and it's up to the player to destroy the Martian fleet, save all the major cities, and then head off to Mars to destroy the Martian empire and planet Mars.
Among the game's noted features include four dancing Martian figures and a strobe light (for Strobe Multiball).
- Super Jets: You have to score a certain amount of hits on the pop bumpers to light Super Jets (worth 3 million points per hit).
- 5-Way Combo: During regular gameplay, you have to make consecutive shots at any lit loops or ramps to score a combo, before the lights go out.
- Super Jackpot: During regular multiball, score all five jackpot shots with at least two balls in play to light the Super Jackpot, which continuously roves at any of the five jackpot shots.
- Martian Multiball: Successfully kill all four Martians during "Martian Attack", and a second ball is launched into play for Martian Multiball.
- Total Annihilation: Clear the left and right loops, as well as the left and right ramps, for Total Annihilation Multiball, a four-ball multiball.
- Conquer Mars: Defend all the major cities, and then you head off to Mars to confront the Martian Empire.
When all six of these objectives are met, shoot the "Stroke of Luck" scoop to start Rule the Universe, a four-ball wizard mode. In this mode, everything is lit, and the objective is to score 5 billion points with at least two balls in play, and if you succeed, you will score an extra 5 billion points.
Attack From Mars was followed up with Revenge From Mars, released in 1999. It was designed by George Gomez, and it featured most of the original AFM design team . It was the first game to run on Williams/Midway's Pinball 2000 platform. WMS Industries introduced slot machines in 2011 called Attack from Mars and Revenge from Mars.
- "Attack From Mars Slot Machine (WMS Gaming) (The Best of 2011)", YouTube review, December 26, 2011
- Official Attack From Mars page
- IPDB listing for Attack From Mars
- Attack From Mars promo video
- YouTube - 8 minutes gameplay with Attack From Mars
|This pinball article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|