|Founded||2000, merged 2009|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California|
Attensity provides social analytics and engagement applications for social customer relationship management (social CRM). Attensity's text analytics software applications extract facts, relationships and sentiment from unstructured data, which comprise approximately 85% of the information companies store electronically.
Attensity was founded in 2000. An early investor in Attensity was In-Q-Tel, which funds technology to support the missions of the US Government and the broader DOD. InTTENSITY, an independent company that has combined Inxight with Attensity Software (the only joint development project that combines two InQTel funded software packages), is the exclusive distributor and outlet for Attensity in the Federal Market. In 2009, Attensity Corp., then based in Palo Alto, merged with Germany's Empolis and Living-e AG to form Attensity Group. In 2010, Attensity Group acquired Biz360, Inc., a provider of social media monitoring and market intelligence solutions. In early 2012, Attensity Group divested itself of the Empolis business unit via a management buyout; that unit currently conducts business under its pre-merger name.
Attensity Group is a closely held private company. Its majority shareholder is Aeris Capital, a private Swiss investment office advising a high-net-worth individual and his charitable foundation. Foundation Capital, Granite Ventures, and Scale Venture Partners were among Biz360's investors and thus became shareholders in Attensity Group.
- Shachtman, Noah (2005-03-03). "With Terror In Mind, A Formulaic Way To Parse Sentences". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Structuring Unstructured Data". Forbes.com. 2007-04-05. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "A Startup's Road To Washington". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 2010-10-23. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Attensity, Empolis, Living-e Merge To Deliver Combined Customer Analytics". Intelligent Enterprise. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Attensity Buys Biz360 for Social Media Monitoring". DestinationCRM. Archived from the original on 13 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- "Biz360 Scooped Up By Data Analytics Co. Attensity". Dow Jones VentureWire. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "Attensity Sells IP to InContact: What Does it Mean?". OdinText. 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-11-17.