Audun Skorgen at Moldejazz 2019
|Born||26 February 1967|
Ålesund, Møre og Romsdal
|Instruments||Upright bass, bass guitar, guitar|
Skorgen is a graduate of the Jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonsevatorium (2000). He specialized in improvisation, and has a distinctive bottling bass technique. In addition to being an active freelance musician, he has also been a county musician, first in Finnmark and later in Sunndal, Møre og Romsdal, from 2008 as part of "Møremusikarane".
Skorgen has also collaborated within the bands like 'Velvet Lounge Orchestra', including Marita Røstad (vocals and rhodes), Stian Omenås (trumpet), Håvard Stubø (guitar) and Erik Nylander (drums), and 'Frode Grønmyr Quintet' including Grønmyr (gitar), Peter Wergeni (saxophones), Norvall Dahl (piano) and Simon Kongshaug (drums).
- With Marita Røstad
- 2007: Silent Sunday (Magica Records)
- "Jazzlinja". NTNU.no. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Audun Skorgen, kontra- og elbass". Moremusikarane.no. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Audun Skorgen Bassist". Mediabasen.no. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Velvet Lounge Orchestra". Groove.no. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Audun Skorgen Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.