|Full name||Austin James McIntosh|
|Date of birth||5 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Stocksbridge Park Steels|
|2012–||Stocksbridge Park Steels||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:42, 17 December 2012 (UTC).
Austin James McIntosh (born 5 November 1987) is an English footballer who currently plays as a defender for Stocksbridge Park Steels. He made one appearance in the Football League for Mansfield Town, and has also had spells in American and Icelandic football.
Austin McIntosh was born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire on 5 November 1987, the son of Clifford and Angela McIntosh, and has a twin sister named Chloe. He attended the All Saints Catholic High School and while there he represented the school football team as they won the Sheffield Schools championship in 2004.
McIntosh, a right back who has also played in central defence, began his career at Mansfield Town, and made his Football League debut for the Stags in the closing stages of the 2004–05 season, on 7 May 2005 in the starting eleven away to Leyton Orient in a League Two game which Mansfield lost 2–1. However, that turned out to be his last first-team appearance for the club.[A] He missed most of 2005–06 with an eye injury and was released during the 2006–07 season. McIntosh joined Ilkeston Town of the Northern Premier League in April 2007, but played only once for the club.
McIntosh then headed to the United States of America, first studying at Bellevue before moving to University of Montevallo where he played for the college's soccer team, Montevallo Falcons, while studying for a degree in accounting.
On his return to England, McIntosh joined Eastwood Town. Towards the end of the 2011–12 season, he joined Northern Premier League First Division South club Sheffield, where he made two league appearances. He then had a trial with Notts County before joining Icelandic side Reynir Sandgerði on 15 May 2012. McIntosh made his Reynir debut in the 2–0 away win over Njarðvík the following weekend and went on to make a total of nine appearances for the club, eight of them in the league. On 31 July 2012 he moved to Njarðvík on a free transfer, and played four league matches during the remainder of the season.
A. a b Soccerbase and ESPNSoccernet attribute an appearance on 28 April 2007 against Barnet, but the Playfair annual has no appearances for McIntosh in the 2006–07 season, his Mansfield Town profile, archived in July 2007, mentions no appearance that season, and Neil Brown gives him just the one league appearance.
- "Mansfield Town : 1946/47–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Profile: Austin McIntosh". University of Montevallo Falcons. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Leyton Orient vs Mansfield Town". Mansfield Town F.C. 7 May 2005. Archived from the original on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- Malcolm, Rod (10 April 2007). "McSweeney strikes to dispose of Matlock". Ilkeston Advertiser. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Players in Order of Appearances". IlsonFootball. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Profile: Austin McIntosh". University of Montevallo. Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "First Team Stats 2011–12 by apps". Sheffield FC. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- Magnús Már Einarsson (15 May 2012). "Reynir Sandgerði fær enskan varnarmann (Staðfest)" [Reynir Sandgerði bring in English defender] (in Icelandic). Fótbolti.net. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Rafn Markús í Keflavík – Ísak í Njarðvík (Staðfest)" [Rafn Markús to Keflavík – Ísak to Njarðvík (Confirmed)] (in Icelandic). Fótbolti.net. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- Magnús Már Einarsson. "Austin McIntosh Icelandic league appearances and goals". KSÍ.is. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "New Defender for Steels". Non League Daily. 17 December 2012. Archived from the original on 26 November 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Games played by Austin McIntosh in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Mansfield 2–1 Barnet". Soccernet. ESPN. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- Rollin, Glenda & Rollin, Jack, eds. (2007). Playfair Football Annual 2007–2008. Headline. p. 70. ISBN 978-0-7553-1662-5.
- "Profiles: Austin McIntosh". Mansfield Town F.C. 7 May 2005. Archived from the original on 1 July 2007.