|Born:||August 17, 1996|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||202 lb (92 kg)|
|High school:||Crosby (TX)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Walter played college football at Rice, where he rushed for 1,744 yards and 13 touchdowns, averaging 5.1 yards per carry; he also had 79 receptions for 803 yards, and in his senior season, averaged 27.3 yards on 18 kickoff returns.
San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants
On September 18, 2019, Walter was signed to the New York Giants practice squad. Following injuries to starting running back Saquon Barkley and backup Wayne Gallman, Walter was promoted to the 53-man roster on October 10, 2019, but then waived the next day.
- "Rice Owls". Rice Owls. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- "49ers sign undrafted Rice running back Austin Walter after tryout". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- "Austin Walter on Instagram: "I've been playing this game since I was 3 years old and today I finally made my dreams come true. I reached the highest level of…"". Instagram. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "49ers sign undrafted Rice RB Austin Walter after tryout". NBCS Bay Area. May 5, 2019. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- Posey, Kyle (May 5, 2019). "49ers sign RB Austin Walter after tryout". Niners Nation. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "49ers Announce 53-man Roster". 49ers.com. August 31, 2019.
- "Giants sign RB Austin Walter to practice squad, release TE C.J. Conrad". Giants Wire. USA Today. September 18, 2019.
- "Giants waive QB Alex Tanney, promote RB Austin Walter before TNF matchup with Patriots". SNY. October 10, 2019.