Australian referendum, 1919
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1919 Australian Referendum was held on 13 December 1919. It contained two referendum questions.
|Question||NSW||Vic||Qld||SA||WA||Tas||States in favour||Voters in favour||Result|
|(12) Legislative Powers||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||3:3||49.7%||Not carried|
|(13) Nationalisation of Monopolies||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||3:3||48.6%||Not carried|
The referendums were held in conjunction with the 1919 federal election
- Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites - Referendum results". Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Select sources on constitutional change in Australia 1901-1997. Part 2 - History of Australian Referendums (PDF). Commonwealth of Australia. 24 March 1997. ISBN 0644484101.
- Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites". Parliamentary Library of Australia.
- Bennett, Scott (2003). "Research Paper no. 11 2002–03: The Politics of Constitutional Amendment". Canberra: Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Australian Electoral Commission (2007) Referendum Dates and Results 1906 – Present AEC, Canberra.