Avaya VSP 4000 Series
The Avaya Virtual Services Platform 4000 Series (VSP 4000) are products that, in computer networking terms, are standalone Switch/Routers (Layer 2/Layer 3) designed and manufactured by Avaya for Ethernet-based networks. The VSP 4000 hardware is a derivative of the earlier Ethernet Routing Switch 4000 Series, leveraging certain shared components, but implementing a new, completely different, operating system derived from the Virtual Service Platform 9000 Series. The role of the VSP 4000 is to extend Fabric-based network virtualization services to smaller, remote locations, thereby creating a single service delivery network.
The VSP 4000 offers a range of network virtualization services that are based on Avaya's extended implementation of Shortest Path Bridging; marketed as the 'Avaya VENA Fabric Connect' technology. The first software release supports:
- Layer 2 Virtualized Services that extend VLANs across the Fabric (including across subnets and long distances)
- Layer 3 Virtualized Services that interconnect and extend VRFs across the Fabric
- Native routing between Layer 2 and Layer 3 Virtualized Services for access to shared services
- IP Shortcut Routing that enables direct Layer 3 connectivity between individual end-points without requiring deployment of an additional IGP (e.g. OSPF).
These capabilities are positioned are supporting the following deployment scenarios:
- Virtualized small and mid-sized Enterprise
- Distributed Enterprise
Deployments would be made to facilitate the following business situations:
- End-to-end traffic separation for multi-tenancy or for security / regulatory compliance (i.e. PCI DSS)
- Integrated video surveillance
- VSP 4850GTS, a 1RU Layer 2/Layer 3 Switch that is equipped with 48 x 10/100/1000BASE-T ports (including two common Uplink ports offering SFP connectivity) plus 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports that feature SFP+ physical connectivity.
- VSP 4850GTS-PWR+, a similar product the VSP 4850GTS, with the addition of supporting 802.3at Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) on the copper ports.
- VSP 4850GTS-DC, a similar product the VSP 4850GTS, but with DC power instead of AC.
In June 2014, a further model was added:
- VSP 4450GSX-PWR+, a 1RU Layer 2/Layer 3 Switch that is equipped with 36 x 1000BASE-SFP ports, 12 x 10/100/1000BASE-T ports that support 802.3at PoE+, plus 2 x 10GBASE-SFP+ Ethernet ports (that also support Gigabit SFPs).
- Avaya Networking Products
- Avaya Government Solutions
- Avaya Professional Credentials
- Comparison of stackable switches
- Stackable switch
- Terabit Ethernet
- "Avaya aims to boost IP multicast methods with new network fabric". Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Avaya Announces New Innovations in Fabric-Enabled Networking". Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Avaya unveils new offerings for fabric-enabled networking". Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Avaya's new network fabric supports tens of thousands of video streams for IP multicasting". Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Avaya Networking Solutions Close the Gap between Data Centre and End Devices". SDN Zone. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avaya.|
|Wikiversity has learning resources about Avaya Task Training|