This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||26 March 1955|
|Children||Acharya Ishan Shivanand & Geetanjali Shivanand|
|Founder of||Shiv Yog|
|Guru||108 Swami Jagannath ji, Dattatreya Legacy|
|Honors||Honorary Doctorate D Y Patil University (Cosmic Science)|
Hindu Muda Award
Flag of Honour USA 2015
Flag of Honour USA 2017
University of Cincinnati
Avdhoot Shivanand is an Indian spiritual leader and founder of ShivYog, a non profit organization that offers meditation programs. He also conducts public discourses which are broadcast on multiple television channels such as Aastha TV, Adhyatm TV and Sanskar TV. He is also involved in various social development activities, which has bestowed him with various honors from communities.
Avdhoot Shivanand was born on 26 March 1955 in Delhi and grew up in Rajasthan. At the age of 8, he came in contact with Himalayan yogi Swami Jagganath who inspired him to pursue a spiritual path. Thereafter, he visited many sacred places in India for meditation. During his travels he practiced and meditated on the teachings of Swami Jagannath. He decided to dedicate his life to spread spirituality and meditation around the world. From 1990, he started conducting talks & workshops on Shivyog and Advait Shri Vidya Sadhana around India. In 1995 he created the Shivyog Foundation with the aim to share the wisdom of meditation and inner healing to everyone. The first ShivYog ashram was built in Delhi where he taught meditation. Today there are 3 ShivYog ashrams in Delhi, Lucknow and Karjat respectively and ShivYog courses are held at more than 100 locations in India. Shivyog programs are also conducted worldwide in close to 30 countries from the year 2000. On September 2016, P D Patil, the Chancellor of DY Patil University conferred the Honorary Degree of ‘Doctor Emeritus to Avdhoot Shivanand for contribution in modern spiritual science.
- "Shiv Yog Avdhoot Baba Shivanand show on Aastha channel". aasthatv.com. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Town of North Hempstead Declares June 18 Baba Shivanand Day". asiantribune.com. 2016-06-26. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- Hemant Gairola (2016-05-25). "Sons of the Spiritual Soil". arre.co.in. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Events". events.shivyogindia.com/. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Indian saint speaks of healing powers in Natick". metrowestdailynews.com. 2017-06-09. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- Suhana Bhatia (2016-05-25). "His Holiness Avdhoot Baba Shivanand Is Now Dr Avdhoot Shivanand". indiapages.in. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Convocation Ceremony". convocation.dpu.edu.in. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Shiva Yoga: Science has accepted this Vidya in ancient rishis, Avadhoot Baba gets Honor Degree". 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2017-06-02.