This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||26 March 1955|
|Children||Acharya Ishan Shivanand & Geetanjali Shivanand|
|Founder of||Shiv Yog|
|Guru||108 Swami Jagannath ji, Dattatreya Legacy|
|Honors||Honorary Doctorate D Y Patil University (Cosmic Science)|
Hindu Muda Award
Flag of Honour USA 2015
Flag of Honour USA 2017
University of Cincinnati
Avdhoot Shivanand Ji is an Indian spiritual leader and founder of ShivYog, an organization that offers meditation programs. He also conducts public discourses which are broadcast on multiple television channels such as Aastha TV, Adhyatm TV and Sanskar TV. He is also involved in various social development activities, which has bestowed him with various honors from communities.
Avdhoot Shivanand was born on 26 March 1955 in Delhi and grew up in Rajasthan. At the age of 8, he came in contact with Himalayan yogi Swami Jagganath who inspired him to pursue a spiritual path. Thereafter, he visited many sacred places in India for meditation. During his travels he practiced and meditated on the teachings of Swami Jagannath. He decided to dedicate his life to spread spirituality and meditation around the world. From 1990, he started conducting talks & workshops on Shivyog and Advait Shri Vidya Sadhana around India. In 1995 he created the Shivyog Foundation with the aim to share the wisdom of meditation and inner healing to everyone. The first ShivYog ashram was built in Delhi where he taught meditation. Today there are 3 ShivYog ashrams in Delhi, Lucknow and Karjat respectively and ShivYog courses are held at more than 100 locations in India. Shivyog programs are also conducted worldwide in close to 30 countries from the year 2000. In September 2016, P D Patil, the Chancellor of DY Patil University conferred the Honorary Degree of ‘Doctor Emeritus to Avdhoot Shivanand for contribution in modern spiritual science.
- "Shiv Yog Avdhoot Baba Shivanand show on Aastha channel". aasthatv.com. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Town of North Hempstead Declares June 18 Baba Shivanand Day". asiantribune.com. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Hemant Gairola (25 May 2016). "Sons of the Spiritual Soil". arre.co.in. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Events". events.shivyogindia.com/. 25 May 2016. Archived from the original on 1 June 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "Indian saint speaks of healing powers in Natick". metrowestdailynews.com. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- Suhana Bhatia (25 May 2016). "His Holiness Avdhoot Baba Shivanand Is Now Dr Avdhoot Shivanand". indiapages.in. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Convocation Ceremony". convocation.dpu.edu.in. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Shiva Yoga: Science has accepted this Vidya in ancient rishis, Avadhoot Baba gets Honor Degree". 25 May 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.