Aviad Meitar (born 1959) is the Chairman of Quadrant European Beverages Limited, the Pepsi bottler for Bulgaria. He served as Chairman of Quadrant Amorq Bottling Company Limited (QABCL), the exclusive PepsiCo licensee for Romania and Moldova, until its successful sale to PepsiAmericas, the second largest PepsiCo bottler in the world, in July 2006.
He has been a senior executive with Quadrant Management, the New York City-based management arm of a private investment fund, for close to 18 years. Prior to setting up QABCL he was responsible for other investments of the fund, and for the review of acquisition candidates.
Meitar grew up in a small town called Kiryat Ono, in Israel. During his childhood years he studied in the local conservatory and played the french horn in its concert band. This made music a special part of his life and, although he chose a different profession, he has been actively playing with concert bands and symphonic orchestras all these years.
Meitar lives in Israel with his wife Ravit and has three children, Yigal, Ayal and Yiftach.
- "'An Unimaginable Journey', de Aviad Meitar sau drumul spre succes a unei companii multinaţionale", Capital, March 10, 2010 (English)
- "Newsweek", Volume 121, Newsweek Inc., 1993, Pg. 96
- "Business international", Volume 39, Business International Corp., 1981, Pg. 403
- "Aviad Meitar on Refreshing Romania with Pepsi" Podcast, American Management Association, May 28, 2010
- "Istoria lansării Pepsi în România, în anii ´90, povestită de Aviad Meitar", Obiectiv de Suceava, March 12, 2010 (English)
- Apetrei, Alina, "Interview: The story of Pepsi Romania", Wall-Street.ro, March 15, 2010
- Fromm, Jeff, "Favorite Quoted Quotes from ‘An Unimaginable Journey’", Business Law Strategy, February 20, 2010
- "Sfatul fondatorului Pepsi pentru antreprenorii romani: vindeti afacerea inainte de a ajunge la varf", Ziarul Financiar, March 10, 2010 (English)
- "About the Author", Aviad Meitar.com
- "New book describes how group of entrepreneurs navigated rough seas to bring one major American beverage company to emerging market economy of Romania", Newswire, March 9, 2010
- An Unimaginable Journey: How Pepsi Beat the Odds in Romania, Aviad Meitar (Author), Eric L. Mott (Editor), Kelly Jo Eldredge (Editor), 2009
- Article in the New York Times "Taking the Pepsi Franchise to an Ice-Cold Romania" http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/26/business/26flier.html?src=busln