|Type of business||Private company|
Type of site
|Founder(s)||Jonas Nordlanderr and Filip Engelbert|
|Key people||Jonas Nordlanderr (CEO)|
|Services||E-commerce, web communications|
|Alexa rank||154 (December 2016[update])|
Avito.ru is the most popular classifieds site in Russia and is the third biggest classifieds site in the world after Craigslist and the Chinese website 58.com. In December 2016, it had more than 35 million unique monthly visitors. On average, Avito.ru's users post more than 500,000 new ads daily and the overall ads are about 30 million active listings.
Avito.ru was founded in 2007 in Moscow. In 2010, Avito.ru collected a large amount of capital from venture capitalist Northzone. In 2012, Avito launched in Egypt and Morocco, where in a few months became those countries´ biggest classified ads site. In 2013, Avito.ru merged with its Russians competitors Slando.ru and OLX.ru to become the Russian market leader for classified ads, and was later purchased by Naspers for $1.2 billion. In December 2013, Avito.ru had around 23.9 million users.
- "Avito.ru Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Shu, Catherine. "Russia's Avito Becomes World's 3rd Biggest Classifieds Site After $570M Deal With Naspers".
- "Naspers Steps up Investment in Avito - Business Wire".
- "This Craigslist Copycat Gets a Lift From Russia's Recession". 15 March 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Russian website Avito seen doubling revenues". 22 April 2017 – via Reuters.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avito.|