|Rabbi Avrohom Gurwicz|
|Gateshead Rosh Yeshiva|
Rav Avrohom giving a speech
|Predecessor||Rabbi Leib Gurwicz|
|Birth name||Avrohom Gurwicz|
|Parents||Leib and Liba Gurwicz|
|Alma mater||Gateshead Talmudical College|
Avrohom Gurwicz is an English-born Orthodox rabbi and Talmudic scholar. Since 1983 he has been the rosh yeshivah of Gateshead Talmudical College, a yeshiva in Gateshead, England, where he has been giving the largest shiur (Torah lecture) in Europe with approximately 250 students attending, for approximately half a century.
Rabbi Gurwicz is the second son of Rabbi Leib Gurwicz, the previous Gateshead rosh yeshivah. He is the grandson of Rabbi Elyah Lopian and son-in-law of Reb Elyah's son, Rabbi Leib Lopian. Through his father's mother, he is a descendant of the Vilna Gaon.
Rabbi Gurwicz married the daughter of his uncle, Rabbi Leib Lopian, and his wife, Tzipa. He is a brother-in-law (through his sister Sarah) to Rabbi Zvi Kushelevsky, head of the Heichal Hatorah beTzion yeshiva in Jerusalem. Among his sons-in-law is Rabbi Nissan Kaplan, a maggid shiur in the Mir yeshiva in Jerusalem.
- Anfei Erez, 4 volumes on various sugyas (topics) in Shas, as well as al Hatoroh.
- Veanfeiha Arze El on the Torah and Jewish holidays; he has also published for his students his lectures in note form on various tractates (Leket Ha'aros).
- Leket Hearos, notes from the shiurim he has given.
- Farnell, Ashley (15 November 2006). "Newcastle Upon Tyne". Orthodox Union. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Yated Ne'eman staff (5 September 2005). "Rebbetzin Tziporah Lopian, Gateshead". Dei'ah VeDibur. Archived from the original on 28 October 2006. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Bernstein, Dovid (29 March 2009). "Harav Nissin Kaplan in Los Angeles". matzav.com. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "Sparks from the Mir". Daf Yomi Review. 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
|This biographical article about a British rabbi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|