He is known to provide upon request, the grammatical root of any given Hebrew word and/or name along with its Biblical origins and contextual references.
He is probably best known as an authority on the gender of Hebrew words and the proper usage of suffixes and plural extensions.
He is also known as an extreme racist, calling Arabs "cannibals" on his Army Radio station. He received some condemnation in Ha'aretz and otherIsraeli media outlets, but was only mildly and indirectly reprimanded by Army Radio for this thuggish behavior, when he was told to stay on the topic of language and linguistics.
- (2004). Ṭeḳes ha-azkarah ha-mamlakhti li-Reḥavʻam Zeʼevi: 4 be-Ḥeshṿan 765, 19.10.04 Har Hertsel. Yerushalayim, Maṭeh ha-hasbarah.
- (1994) הגיע זמן לשון : מבחר תכניות מסדרת הטלויזיה ערוץ 1, רשות השידור (Higiʻa zeman lashon). [Ramat Gan], Kineret.
- (1986) יופי של עברית (Yofi shel ʻIvrit). Tel-Aviv, Sifriyat Maʻariv.
- (1983). בלצון רב (Be-latson rav). Tel-Aviv, Sifriyat Maʻariv.
- קור קורא במדבר 1981). (Ḳor ḳore ba-midbar). Tel-Aviv, Sifriyat Maʻariv.
- (1980).לצונו של אדם־כבודו (Letsono shel adam-kevodo). Tel-Aviv, Sifriyat Maʻariv.
- Sacks, Etan (21 April 2006). "Hey, Tom, Nice job on name". Daily News. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
|This article on an Israeli linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|