Avtar Singh Rikhy
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2011)|
|Shri Avtar Singh Rikhy|
December 23, 1923 |
|Alma mater||Punjab University and University of Calcutta|
Shri Avtar Singh Rikhy ( born December 23, 1923) was a former Secretary-General of 6th Lok Sabha and 7th Lok Sabha (Lower House of Parliament of India). He succeeded Shri S. L. Shakdhar, after his appointment as the Chief Election Commissioner
Dr. Kashyap had his higher education from Punjab University and Calcutta University. He was Double M.A. in History and English. He stood third in order of merit in the Punjab University in M.A. (English) 1945; diploma in Journalism, Punjab University 1944; diploma in Social Work (Welfare), Calcutta University, 1948 where he stood second in order of merit; after being successful in the All-India Combined Services Competitive Examination, 1945 served in Various administrative capacities in the Government, 1946-1956.
- Deputy Secretary, Lok Sabha, 1956–69
- Joint Secretary, Lok Sabha, 1969–74
- Additional Secretary, 1974–77
- Secretary, Lok Sabha, 1977–83
- Secretary-General, Lok Sabha, Dec 22-31, 1983
- Lok Sabha Secretariat (1977). The Journal of Parliamentary Information - Volume 23. India: Lok Sabha Secretariat.
- Kashyap, Subhash C. (1989). The Office of the Secretary-General, Monograph Series. 20. New Delhi: Lok Sabha Secretariat. pp. 27–28.
- Source Sixth Lok Sabha