Aware (voluntary organisation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Legal status||Non-profit organization|
|Purpose||Support organisation for depression|
|Leader||Geraldine Clare, CEO|
It was founded in 1985 by a group of patients, relatives and health professionals.
- Support groups for sufferers and relatives of those who suffer from depression.
- A 365-day-a-year telephone helpline.
- Awareness Programmes, Information on depressive disorders
- Information talks, seminars and public lectures.
- A quarterly magazine.
Aware conducts numerous fundraising events every year.
- "Joint Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs 18 February 2004" (rtf). Houses of the Oireachtas (Parliament of Ireland). 2004-02-18. Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- http://mentalhealthireland.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=45 Mental Health Ireland
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|