Azhage Unnai Aarathikkiren
|Azhage Unnai Aarathikkiren|
|Directed by||C. V. Sridhar|
|Written by||C. V. Sridhar|
|Produced by||B. Bharani Reddy|
|Cinematography||Ravindra Kumar Tewary|
Sreebarani Chithra Enterprises
Azhage Unnai Aarathikkiren! (transl. Beauty, I adore you!) is a 1979 Indian Tamil-language romance film, directed by C. V. Sridhar and produced by B. Bharani Reddy. The film stars Vijayakumar, Latha, Jai Ganesh and Nagesh. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was simultaneously shot in Kannada and Telugu as Urvashi Neenu Nanna Preyasi and Urvasi Neeve Naa Preyasi (1979), respectively.
Vani, a middle-class woman, lives with her brother, his wife and their chirpy teenage daughter Vasanthi. Victor, a mechanic, is their family friend. Victor introduces Vasu to Vaani's family when they are looking for a tenant and Vasu moves into the top portion of their house. Vasu is deeply in love with Vani but is disappointed to find that Vani is already romantically involved with Venu. However, Venu turns out to be lecherous and deceitful and he vanishes from Vani's life after being physically intimate with her one night after a party.
In a double blow to Vani, both her brother and his wife are killed in an accident. Vani turns despondent and takes to sleeping pills but recovers with Vasu's assistance and starts taking care of Vasanthi as well. Vasanthi soon falls in love with Vimal (Prakash), son of a rich businessman. To help Vani recover fully, Vasu asks her and Vasanthi to accompany him to Goa where he has been deputed to on duty for a couple of months. While in Goa, Vasu reveals his true feelings for Vani and desires to marry her even after she reveals her past affair with Venu.
Vani asks Vasu for some time to decide, but is thrown into a turmoil when she suddenly encounters Venu in Goa. Venu convinces her that his disappearance was circumstantial and he never intended to deceive her and Vani agrees to get back with him. Vasu, though his hopes have been dashed, wishes her well. However, the conniving two-faced Venu is just lusting over Vasanthi and plans to use Vani to satisfy his quest. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
- Vijayakumar as Vasu
- Latha as Vani
- Jai Ganesh as Venu
- Nagesh as Victor
- V. S. Raghavan
- V. Gopalakrishnan
- Prakash as Vimal
- Subhashini as Vasanthi
- Kannada version
- Tamil track list
|2||"Abhisheka"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Vaali||04:23|
|3||"Naane Naana"||Vani Jairam||Vaali||04:26|
|4||"En Kalyana"||Vani Jairam||Vaali||03:57|
|5||"Kurinji Malaril"||Vani Jairam, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Vaali||04:25|
|6||"Masthaana"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Vani Jairam, Jayachandran, Jency||Vaali||05:02|
- Kannada track list
|2||"Iniya Saniye"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Vani Jairam|
|3||"Masthana"||Anand, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. P. Sailaja, Vani Jairam|
|5||"Yaako Yeno"||Vani Jairam|
|6||"Singari Bangari"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
- "சினிமா ஸ்கோப் 26: காதல் கவிதை". Hindu Tamil Thisai (in Tamil). 10 February 2017. Archived from the original on 24 June 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema (PDF). British Film Institute and Oxford University Press. p. 653. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.
- "ஸ்ரீதரின் அழகே உன்னை ஆராதிக்கிறேன் மும்மொழிப் படத்தின் கதாநாயகி லதா". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 31 December 2020. Archived from the original on 25 January 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- Mani, Charulatha (30 August 2013). "The power of three". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 24 June 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- "Azhage Unnai Aarathikkiren". Isaishop. Archived from the original on 24 June 2021. Retrieved 24 June 2021.
- "Oorvasi Neene Nanna Preyasi (1979)". Music India Online. Archived from the original on 18 March 2018. Retrieved 20 March 2018.