This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Azim Khamisa is a speaker and author of three books, the latest one being "The Secrets of the Bulletproof Spirit: How to Bounce Back from Life's Hardest Hits", published by Random House and coauthored with Jillian Quinn.
Khamisa was born in Kenya, Africa and had early training in mathematics, economics and international finance and is the Chairman, CEO and Founder of the Tariq Khamisa Foundation (TKF) and Founder and National Director of the Constant And Never Ending Improvement (CANEI) program. Committing his life to halting the continuing cycle of violence among the youth, Khamisa became a social activist after his son's death. His first book, "From Murder to Forgiveness" is about the death of his son. Khamisa founded the Tariq Khamisa Foundation to break the cycle of youth violence.
In 2010, Mithaq Kazimi produced a film about his life.
Khamisa is an advisory council member of the Fetzer Institute
- Khamisa, Azim and Jillian Quinn (2009). The Secrets of the Bulletproof Spirit: How to Bounce Back from Life's Hardest Hits. Ballantine Books. ISBN 0-345-50603-0.
- Khamisa, Azim (2007). From Forgiveness to Fulfillment. ANK Publishing, Inc. ISBN 0-9717798-3-X.
- Khamisa, Azim (1998). Azim's Bardo - A Father's Journey from Murder to Forgiveness. Rising Star Press. ISBN 0-933670-02-8.
- "Both Sides of The Gun". Archived from [/http://www.kdkfactory.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13%3Aboth-sides-of-the-gun&catid=3%3Ashorts&Itemid=3 the original] Check
|url=value (help) on July 13, 2011.
- http://www.mpnnow.com/homepage/x317098716[permanent dead link]