B. R. Deepak
Deepak studied at Peking University in Beijing, China from 1991 to 1993, and in 1996 studied as a Jawaharlal Nehru Fellow at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in Beijing. He obtained his PhD in Chinese history and language in 1998 from the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, India, and studied for a MBA at the Lancaster University Management School in England from 2001 to 2002. He is currently a Professor of Chinese at the Center of Chinese and Southeast Asian Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University. He is best known for his books on Sino-Indian relations. He was also the editor of a Chinese-Hindi dictionary.
- 2001. India-China Relations in first half of the Twentieth Century. New Delhi: APH Publishers. ISBN 978-81-7648-245-5
- 2003. Chinese-Hindi Dictionary (汉印词典, Chini-Hindi Shavda kosh). New Delhi: Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
- 2005. India & China 1904-2004: A Century of Peace and Conflict. Manak Publications Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7827-112-5
- 2006. My Life with Kotnis. Manak Publications Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7827-152-1
- 2009. Chini Kavita: 11vin Shatabdi Isa Poorv Se 14vin Shatabdi Tak. Prakashan Sansthan. ISBN 81-7714-399-9
- 2010. Agriculture, Countryside and Peasants. Manak Publications Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7831-205-7
- 2012. India-China Relations: Future Perspectives. Vij Books, New Delhi ISBN 978-93-8141-115-5
- 2012. India-China Relations: A Civilizational Perspective. Manak, New Delhi ISBN 978-93-7831-304-2
- 2015. India and China - Foreign Policy Approaches and Responses, Vij Books India Pvt Ltd, ISBN 9789385563294
- 2011. Special book Award For Translation of Chinese Classical Poetry into Hindi by the Government of China.
- 2006. Asia Fellow Award For conducting research on China's Agrarian Issues at the Rural Development Institute of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China by Asia Scholarship Foundation, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2003. Post Doctoral Fellowship By the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
- 1996. Nehru Fellow Award For doctoral studies at the Graduate Training College of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China by the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi India.
- 1991. India-China Cultural Exchange Fellowship For advanced studies in Chinese History and Civilization at Peking University, China by the Government of India and China.
- "The Hindu : News National : China honours Indian with highest literary award". Chennai, India. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- JNU Faculty Profile
- "Vij Books - Publishers Website". www.vijbooks.com. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
|This article on an Indian linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|