||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Brian James Reith|
|Born||January 26, 1979|
|Origin||Brown Deer, Wisconsin|
|Genres||Christian Hip hop, pop, soul, rap, contemporary Christian|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, rapper, guitarist, pianist|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboard|
|Labels||Gotee, Nside Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Knine, KamBino|
Brian James Reith, better known as B. Reith, is a Christian hip hop/pop singer and rapper. He began his musical career with the release of his first album, "Urgent Message" in 2003. In 2008, Reith signed to Gotee Records and released his EP, "The Forecast". Later that year, he toured with TobyMac on Winter Wonder Slam tour. In September 2009, Reith released his second album Now Is Not Forever, which charted at No. 2 on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and No. 32 on Heatseekers chart. The album spawned the singles "Antidote", which peaked at No. 50 on the Christian Songs chart, and "The Comeback Kid".
In early 2011, Reith released a buzz single "Knockin On My Door". On November 11, 2011, Reith released his third album How the Story Ends.
Brian James Reith grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where his father, Jim, owned and operated a recording studio. At a young age, he was exposed to music and soon took an interest in it; Reith sang on his first commercial at the age of five.
B. Reith's musical career began when he released an independent album, Urgent Message, in 2003. Christian singer and Gotee Records manager TobyMac discovered his music in 2006. TobyMac reportedly pulled his car off to the side of the road when he first heard Reith's music, later stating, "Brian is just naturally gifted from God vocally and his lyrics [...] sort of just ease into your heart." In 2008, Reith signed to Gotee Records and released his EP, "The Forecast" in May 2008.
At the end of the year, he guested on TobyMac's annual 2008 Winter Wonder Slam tour, which ran through November and December 2008. On March 10, 2009, an expanded edition of his EP was digitally-released, featuring two more songs and two music videos. Reith's first full-length album, Now Is Not Forever, was released on September 22, 2009. In late 2009, Reith toured again with TobyMac on the Winter Wonder Slam tour.
In early 2011, Reith released a buzz single "Knockin On My Door". In November 2011, Reith released his third album How the Story Ends.
|2009||Now Is Not Forever|
|2011||How the Story Ends|
- 2004: One Down
- 2006: The Introproduction EP
- 2008: The Forecast EP
- 2009: The B. Reith EP
- 2012: How the Story Continues
|US||US Christian||US CHR|
|"Hurt No More"||—||—||—|
|2004||"Take Me Away"||—||—||—||One Down|
|2008||"Go On"||—||—||—||The Forecast EP|
|"Antidote"||—||50||—||Now Is Not Forever|
|2010||"The Comeback Kid"||—||—||—|
|2011||"Knockin' On My Door"||—||—||—||Knockin' On My Door - Single|
|"Simple Days"||—||—||—||How the Story Ends|
|2012||"2 Steps Forward"||—||—||—|
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 2008: Winter Wonder Slam Tour (with TobyMac)
- 2009: Creation Festival: The Tour
- 2009: Winter Wonder Slam Tour (with TobyMac)
- 2009: The Comeback Kid Tour
- 2012: Synergy (with Mali Music)
- 2015: Northern Lights Tour (with Christon Gray & Swoope)
Awards and nominations
|2010||Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year||"Go On"||Nominated|
|2010||Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year||"Now Is Not Forever"||Nominated|
- "B. Reith Discography". Jesus Freak Hideout. Archived from the original on March 5, 2009. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "B. Reith Signs to Gotee Records With The Forecast EP Releasing This May". Jesus Freak Hideout. April 21, 2008. Retrieved March 15, 2009.
- "B. Reith, "Urgent Message" Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
The pastor and him wife from his church in Milwaukee convinced him to move to Nashville, Tennessee so he could start his music career.
- Russ Breimeier. "B. Reith - The Forecast EP". Christian Music Today. Archived from the original on March 12, 2009. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- Kevin Hoskins. "B. Reith, "The Forecast EP" Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "TobyMac's Winter Wonder Slam 2008 Rocks With Diversity". The M Collective. Jesus Freak Hideout. November 4, 2008. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "B. Reith, "The Forecast EP (Expanded Digital Release)" Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Archived from the original on March 27, 2009. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "Christian CHR NAtional Airplay". R&R. April 17, 2009. Archived from the original on April 22, 2009. Retrieved April 22, 2009.
- "Billboard - Antidote - B. Reith". Retrieved October 16, 2012.