|Directed by||Chaitanya Dantuluri|
|Produced by||Priyanka Dutt|
|Written by||Chaitanya Dantuluri
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Three Angels Studio Pvt Ltd|
Baanam (English: Arrow) is a Tollywood film which released on 16 September 2009. This film stars Nara Rohit and Vedhika in the lead roles. Chaitanya Dantuluri directed this film and Priyanka Dutt produced this film on Three Angels Studio Pvt Ltd Banner. The film was a debut for Nara Rohith as lead actor and Chaitanya Dantuluri as director. The movie was an average at the box office but brought some praises for the film makers and got so many critics.
The story is set in the town of Ranasthali, in year 1989. Bhagat Panigrahi (Nara Rohit) is preparing to become a police officer. His father Chandrasekhar Panigrahi (Sayaji Shinde), a former Naxalite returns after 20 years before giving up his fight for the society for the reasons only known to him. He comes back home and questions his son's ambition of becoming a Police Officer. Meanwhile, a local don, Shakti Patnaik (Randhir Gatla) is slowly building his empire, terrorizing police and anyone who opposes him. One day, Bhagat meets Subbalaxmi (Vedhika) at the railway station and rescues her from the tragedy of her life. When her ex-husband involves Shakti's gang to abduct her, it triggers a series of consequences between Bhagat and Shakti. The rest is about how Bhagat never gives anything for his ambition, which inspires others to stand up for the fight against the tyranny of Shakti.
- Nara Rohit as Bhagath Panigrahi
- Vedhika as Subha Lakshmi
- Sayaji Shinde as Chandrasekhar Panigrahi
- Rajeev Kanakala as Gudipudi Venkateswara Rao
- Randhir Gattla as Sakthi Patnaik
|Soundtrack album to Baanam by Manisharma|
|Released||24 August 2009|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music for the film has been composed by Mani Sharma. The audio was launched on 24 August 2009 and also present during the event were Shyam Prasad Reddy, industrialist Dr Vasu. This was done with variety as five channels were taken for the coverage and biggies like Chandrababu Naidu, Dasari Narayana Rao, Nandamuri Balakrishna, Allu Aravind, NTR Junior unveiled the audio CD and released one song each in each channel.
|1.||"Kadhile Paadham"||Vanamali||Shankar Mahadevan|
|2.||"Naalo Nenena"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Hemachandra, Saindhavi|
|3.||"Padhara Padhara"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ranjith, Khushi Murali|
|4.||"Mogindhi Je Ganta"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Shreya Ghoshal|
|5.||"Baanam Theme Music"||Krishna Chaitanya||Khushi Murali, Ranjith, Naveen, Hanumantha Rao|
- The film released on 16 September 2009.
Box-office and critical reception
- The film was a moderate success at Box-office
- The film got rave reviews from the critics for Chaitanya's work in dealing socially sensitive and long lasting stand that's going on between Police and Naxalism. Lead actors Nara Rohit and Vedhika were appreciated by critics. Idlebrain.com review said - Nara Rohit delivers what is needed for the character. Vedhika did the role of a traditional Brahmin girl and she is apt.
- Winner "Silver Nandi" for the second best feature film of 2009 by the Andhra Pradesh state government.
- Nomination for Chaitanya Dantuluri, Filmfare Best Director Award (Telugu).