Dr. Babak Azizzadeh post surgery...
|Education||Harvard Medical School,
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
|Alma mater||David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (M.D.)|
|Occupation||Facial surgery specialist|
|Known for||Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery|
Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS is the founder and president of the FPBPF (Facial Paralysis & Bells Palsy Foundation), a non-profit organization committed to the treatment of individuals with facial paralysis and Bell's palsy. The U.S. News & World Report recently awarded Dr. Azizzadeh with the prestigious ranking of “Top Doctor” in his medical field.
Dr. Azizzadeh is co-director of the facial plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Keck School of Medicine at USC and co-chairman of the Cedars-Sinai Annual Advances in Multispecialty Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Symposium. Besides his role in FPBPF, Dr. Azizzadeh is involved with several other non-profit / charity organizations such as the Global Smile Foundation, Operation of Hope, Face to Face and the R.O.S.E Fund. Dr. Azizzadeh is among the handful of surgeons in the US, who perform repair of facial paralysis
Early life and education
Professionally speaking, Azizzadeh is a Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Azizzadeh is one of the owners of the La Peer Health Systems, a medical organization specializing in various fields including Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He specializes in facial rejuvenation, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, non-surgical enhancements, facial paralysis and facial reconstruction. In addition to this, he is currently the Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Azizzadeh is professionally affiliated to the following Institutes and Organizations:
- Co-director, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Member, Micro-vascular committee, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Sir Charles Bell Society
Azizzadeh has won accolades for his voluntarism and humanitarian efforts. He is the founder and president of the Facial paralysis and Bells Palsy Foundation, which treats patients with complicated cases of Facial nerve paralysis and Bell's palsy. He have also worked with the UCLA Flying Samaritans. He is also a member of various charity ventures such as the Global Smile Foundation, Operation of Hope, Face to Face, and the R.O.S.E. Fund.
Azizzadeh has been the recipient of the following awards and honors:
- Humanitarian Award Recipient – Operation of Hope
- UCLA Outstanding Resident Teaching Award
- Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- The David Saxon Distinguished Phi Beta Kappa Award
Babak Azizzadeh performed the corrective surgery for Mary Jo Buttafuoco, who got shot in her face by Amy Fisher. The surgery was a very successful one and was documented by media all across the United States. He appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show during May 2005, explaining corrective surgery for facial paralysis to the viewers along with his patient (Mary Jo Buttafuoco). The same year, he also appeared on the Entertainment Tonight with the same patient. His work in Zimbabwe was covered by the People magazine. His Cosmetic Cocktail treatment regimen was also covered by the US media. In 2009, Azizzadeh appeared on the Discovery Health Channel explaining revision rhinoplasty.
- Master Techniques in Facial Rejuvenation with Mark Murphy, MD and Calvin Johnson, MD. Saunders, 2006.
- Master Techniques in Rhinoplasty with Mark R. Murphy, MD, Calvin M. Johnson, Jr., MD and William Numa, MD, FACS. Saunders, 2011.
- Master Techniques in Blepharoplasty and Periorbital Rejuvenation with Guy G. Massry, MD Guy G.,Mark R. Murphy, MD Mark R., 2011.
- Beverly Hills Beauty Secrets with Douglas Hamilton, MD. Wiley, 2007.
- Inhibiton of Nitric Oxide Inhibitors Promote Microvascular Thrombosis with Larian B, Buga GM, Berke GS, Ignarro LJ, and Blackwell KE.
- Arnold, Shayna Rose (1 October 2012). "A Reality Checkup: You Think You're Ready To Take The Plunge?". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Smith, Rich (1 September 2007). "Function and Form: Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS, Combines Facial Paralysis Repair With Top-Notch Rejuvenation". Plastic Surgery Products. pp. Cover Story. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Learn about the Foundation - Facial Paralysis Institute
- Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Babak Azizzadeh, Receives Top Doctor Ranking From U.S. News
- Find the best doctor for you – US News Top Doctors Archived 2012-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Babak Azizzadeh, MD
- Global Smile Foundation | Our Mission
- Untitled Document
- Face To Face
- The Impact of Our Work and Your Support
- Medscape: Medscape Access
- Smith, Rich (1 April 2007). "It Takes A Team: An Account Of An Exceptionally Complex Multidisciplinary Facial Reconstructive Surgery". Plastic Surgery Products. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Dr. Babak Azizzadeh". LA Peer Health Systems. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Academy and Foundation Committee Rosters" (PDF). Ent Net. Retrieved 19 November 2012.[permanent dead link]
- An African Boy's Healing Year - Heroes Among Us, Sickness & Injury : People.com
- Ultimate Betrayals - Oprah.com
- Botox Plus: New Mixes for Plumping and Padding - New York Times
- Video and Media to Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty - Rhinoplastynet.com
- Facial Nerve