|Headquarters||Santa Barbara, California, USA|
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara Resort and Spa is a Spanish-style luxury resort located in Goleta, California near Santa Barbara, California. Built in 2000, the Bacara Resort & Spa cost $222 million to develop, and offers 311 guest rooms and 49 premium suites, all of which have balconies or private patios—some of which can rent for as much as $10,000 a night.
Hotel amenities at Bacara include three restaurants, four bars and a 42,000-square-foot (3,900 m2) spa—all on the resort’s 78 acres (32 ha) beachfront. Additional resort features include a tennis center with four cushion-comfort Har-Tru clay tennis courts, proximity two 18-hole golf courses, three pools, a screening room, meeting space and access to a two-mile (3 km) stretch of sandy beach. Less than two hours north of Los Angeles, the 220-seat screening room at Bacara is expected to be put to good use by vacationing Hollywood professionals, as well as a screening location for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
In July, 2005, the Bacara Resort was sold to P3 Development, NA Inc. for an undisclosed amount.
Restaurants & dining
Recently rated the top restaurant in the Santa Barbara area, Angel Oak's fine-dining restaurant at Bacara features Basque-Catalan cuisine made with vegetables grown in the resort’s 1,000-acre (400 ha) Ranch at Bacara.
Alexander Bollinger is the Chef de Cuisine at Angel Oak.
Hollywood couples including Nick Carter and Lauren Kitt, Fergie and Josh Duhamel, Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler, Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli and Charlie Sheen’s daughter, Casandra Estevez, all celebrated their weddings at Bacara. Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler’s 2004 wedding had a red and black “Nightmare Before Christmas” theme. Sarah Michelle Gellar, best known for her role as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was a bridesmaid in her manager’s wedding, held at Bacara.
- The Associated Press (2011-07-22). "Santa Barbara's Bacara Resort sold to Hawaii firm". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- "The Resort", BacaraResort.com, Retrieved 2011-08-17
- "The Resort FAQ", BacaraResort.com, Retrieved 2011-08-17
- "The Bacara Resort And Spa". Forbes.com. 2001-08-16. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- De Vries, Hilary (2000-06-23). "Hotels Go Hollywood". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Angel Oak at Bacara Resort & Spa", SantaBarbaraCA.com, Retrieved 2011-08-15
- "Vincent Lesage, Chef de Cuisine at Bacara’s Angel Oak Restaurant", Press Release, Retrieved 2011-08-15
- "Celebrity Wedding Venues", edhat.com, Updated 2011-08-13
- "Bacara", CelebrityBrideGuide.com, Retrieved 2011-08-16
- ""Celebrity Bridesmaids", 1WeddingSource.com, Published on 2011-07-30". Archived from the original on 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2011-08-18.