Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (BHA) is a non-profit sportsmen's organization that is based in Montana, USA. The group looks to preserve North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing through public education and advocacy. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers works to prevent the development of wild land in North America and follows the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation as a basis for its positions.
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers main issues are:
- Preventing excessive off-road vehicle traffic on wild land
- Educating the public on hunting and fishing
- Preserving natural forests and public lands from development
The group supports federal ownership of federal public lands and is opposed to legislation that would transfer ownership of these lands to states or private interests. Executive Director Land Tawney has stated, "We see states trying to take over national forests and BLM areas as a threat to public lands that could lead to privatization and loss of habitat and access."
The group hosts an annual "Rendezvous" event where members can come together in support of the BHA mission and objectives.
Local BHA Chapters
Provinces with chapters in Canada
- British Columbia
States with chapters in the United States
- South Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New York
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- Arizona 
- "BHA Information and Office". Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Our Purpose". Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Archived from the original on 14 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Xu, Daniel. "Leaders of Conservation: BHA Executive Director Land Tawney". Outdoor Hub. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Tawney to Direct Backcountry Hunters & Anglers". Traditional Bowhunter. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Landers, Rich (March 3, 2015). "Backcountry Hunters & Anglers rendezvous in Spokane". Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Anderson, Taylor (April 30, 2013). "Missoula-bound Backcountry Hunters and Anglers gets new director". The Missoulian. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Bridge, Thom. "Rally in the rain: Hunters and anglers protest public land transfer". Helen Air. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Wildlife Officials Take On Drone Hunting Controversy". CBS News. January 9, 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Anderson, Taylor. "Oregon bill would ban drones for hunting and fishing". Bend Bulletin. Retrieved 10 March 2015.