|• Mayor||Bruno Losiak (SPD)|
|• Total||48.01 km2 (18.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Bad Bevensen is a town in the north of the district Uelzen in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated to the east of the Lüneburg Heath (Lüneburger Heide). The Ilmenau river, a tributary of the Elbe, flows through Bad Bevensen. Bad Bevensen is a well-known spa town.
Incorporated into the municipality are the villages of Gollern, Groß Hesebeck, Jastorf, Klein Bünstorf, Klein Hesebeck, Medingen, Röbbel, Sasendorf and Seedorf.
Jastorf is situated some 3 kilometres (2 miles) south of the town center. It is the site of an Iron Age cemetery which gave the name of the Jastorf culture.
Twin towns – Sister cities
Bad Bevensen is twinned with:
- Chojnice Poland
- Wilhelm Wallmann (* 1941), politician (CDU)
- Ilse Falk (born 1943), politician and Member of Parliament (CDU)
- Dirk Fischer (born 1943), politician (CDU)
- Jörg Sennheiser (* 1944), entrepreneur
- Ulrich Sinn (* 1945), Professor of Classical Archaeology
- Joachim Eigenherr (* 1947), athlete
- Volker Besht (* 1951), Brigadier General of the Bundeswehr
- Heinrich Lange (born 1955), Vice Admiral of the German navy
- Christian Dexne (* 1971), sports presenter (ARD / RBB)
- Bad Bevensen travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Uelzen (district) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|