From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Barbs)
Barb or BARB may refer to:
- A backward-facing point on a fish hook or similar implement, rendering extraction from the victim's flesh more difficult
- Alphons Barb, Austrian-born academic
- Heinrich Alfred Barb, 19th century director of the Oriental Institute of Vienna.
- Wind barbs for each station on a map of reported weather conditions
- Barb (feather), the branches issuing from the rachis of feathers
- Barb (fish), common name for a range of freshwater fish
- Barb (horse), a breed from North Africa
- Barb (pigeon), a breed of domestic pigeon
- Broadcasters' Audience Research Board, compiles television ratings in the United Kingdom.
- Barb, a shortened version of Barbara (given name)
- Barding or barb, a type of armor for horses
- Australian Kelpie or barb, a breed of dog
- A type of pipe fitting called barb, used to connect hosing (the ridges face backward, making insertion easy and removal difficult)
- Barb, a shortened version of barbiturate, a drug that acts as a depressant for the central nervous system
- USS Barb, the name of two submarines of the US Navy
- Barb, a term used by Nicki Minaj's fans to refer to themselves
- Barb, a popular character from the 2016 Netflix series Stranger Things
- Berkeley Barb or The Barb, an underground newspaper of the late 1960s.
|Look up barb in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Barb.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.