Baretrees, Greater Manchester
Baretrees (or Bare Trees) is a residential area of Chadderton in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, in Greater Manchester, England. It takes its name from a former hamlet in the north east of the town in what is now the Laburnum Avenue area.
A local primary school, Bare Trees, bears the locality's name on nearby Holly Grove.
Bare Trees also has an active residents association.
One of the fifteen fatalities of the Peterloo Massacre, Thomas Buckley, was from the hamlet of Bare Trees. Buckley, a gardner aged 62, was described by his neighbours as a 'person fanciful to the fruit garden, a staunch patriot, an enemy to oppression'. Buckley was bayoneted and slashed by a sabre. 
Baretreees is served by bus service 159 operated by Manchester Community Transport, providing links to Oldham town centre via Boundary Park and to Middleton via Chadderton town centre, Woodhouses, Failsworth and New Moston.
- "the online repository of historic maps - maps page". Old-Maps. Archived from the original on 15 June 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "Home Page :: Bare Trees Primary School, Chadderton, Oldham". Baretrees-pri.oldham.sch.uk. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/sites/bare-trees-tenants-residents-association/intro |Retrieved 27 October 2016
- Marlow, Joyce (1969), The Peterloo Massacre, Rapp & Whiting, ISBN 0-85391-122-3
- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/peterloo-massacre-victims-remembered-anniversary-16759041 |Retrieved 24 September 2019
- http://www.manct.org/mct-awarded-new-bus-services/%7C[permanent dead link] MCT Bus Services - retrieved 21 July 2013