Piasecki at Trophée Monal 2016
9 December 1986 |
Tczew, Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland
|Height||196 cm (77 in) (2012)|
|Weight||80 kg (180 lb) (2012)|
|Coached by||Mariusz Piasecki|
|Updated on 8 January 2013.|
Piasecki was born in Tczew in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland but moved to Norway with his family when he was two years old. His father, Mariusz Piasecki is a fencing champion and coach who won 12 medals at the Polish Championships, and represented Poland at international competitions in the epee. Bartosz Piasecki holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from the University of Oslo
He won the silver medal in the men's individual épée at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Piasecki lives in Bestum in Oslo and competes for Bygdø Fekteklubb. A right-hand fencer, Piasecki is coached by his father, Mariusz Piasecki. and works as a math teacher at the elite sports program at Wang Secondary School in Oslo.
Piasecki's silver medal at the Olympics is Norway's best achievement in this discipline in history. The second best was an 11th place at the 1984 games by Nils Koppang.
- "Mariusz Piasecki będzie szkolił Radosława Zawrotniaka w reprezentacji Polski". Dziennik Polski. 2016-02-11
- "Srebro dla Bartosza Piaseckiego, złoto dla szpadzisty z Wenezueli. Dlaczego Polacy mogą się cieszyć z obu tych medali?". Fokus TV
- "Fencing - Europe's traditional dominance shaken in London". Retrieved on 29 September 2014.
- Trenere (in Norwegian) Bygdø Fekteklubb, retrieved January 8, 2013
- Man får venner for livet Studenttorget.no (in Norwegian), retrieved 8 January 2013
- "Bartosz Piasecki". Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Bartosz Piasecki". london2012.com. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- http://www.baf-fencing.com/uploads/4/9/3/1/4931534/sept_2012.pdf "The President Writes..."] British Fencing Academy News, September 2012. page 6.
- "Immigrant’s son wins big in fencing". Retrieved on 29 September 2014.
- Eide, Andreas Meier (1 August 2012). "Statsministeren: - Gratulerer, Bartosz!" [The Prime Minister: - Congratulations, Bartosz!]. Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Archived from the original on 4 August 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "SENIOR EM I LEGNANO: BARTOSZ PIASECKI I TOP 16!" (in Norwegian). Bygdø Fekteklubb. 19 June 2012. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.