Basic Food Flavors
Basic Food Flavors, Inc. is a private company based in North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Established in 1980, they have developed a line of hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP), soy sauce and soy base products. It produces 120 varieties of HVP which are used in various products including chips, soups, dressings and snack foods. A private company which does not make financial information public, annual sales have been estimated as between $20 and $50 million.
On March 4, 2010 the United States Food and Drug Administration announced it was conducting an investigation after a customer of Basic Food Flavors reported finding Salmonella in one production lot of HVP. Affected bulk, ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook HVP products were recalled in the U.S. and Canada. The recall resulted in 177 products being removed from grocery shelves.
- "Basic Food Flavors". Flavor Consultants. Archived from the original on 13 April 2010. Retrieved March 5, 2010.
- "Basic Food Flavors". Manta.com. Retrieved March 5, 2010.
- Flynn, Dan (Mar 9, 2010). "Regulatory Climate Sent HVP Maker Packing". Food Safety News. Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- "Salmonella Tennessee Identified in a Processed Food Ingredient". U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. March 4, 2010. Archived from the original on 7 March 2010. Retrieved Mar 7, 2010.
- "Information for Food Manufacturers - Recall of Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein (HVP) by Basic Flavors Inc., Las Vegas, Nevada". Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Archived from the original on March 11, 2010. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Caroline, Scott-Thomas (July 29, 2010). "FDA hails Reportable Food Registry success". Decision News Media. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010. Retrieved Aug 21, 2010.
- Mason, Julie Cohen (July 1, 1991). "Migrating across the land. (relocation of industrial facilities) (Management In Practice)". Management Review. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- "Clean air's dirty deal". The Washington Times. October 31, 1990. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Fulton, William B. (2001). The reluctant metropolis: the politics of urban growth in Los Angeles. The Johns Hopkins University Press. p. 323. ISBN 0-8018-6506-9.
- Basic Food Flavors corporate website
- "Products Affected By Recall" (pdf). Basic Food Flavors. Archived (PDF) from the original on 31 March 2010. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|