Bazar-Korgon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bazar-Korgon
Bazar-Korgon is located in Kyrgyzstan
Bazar-Korgon
Bazar-Korgon
Coordinates: 41°4′12″N 72°44′24″E / 41.07000°N 72.74000°E / 41.07000; 72.74000Coordinates: 41°4′12″N 72°44′24″E / 41.07000°N 72.74000°E / 41.07000; 72.74000
CountryKyrgyzstan
RegionJalal-Abad Region
DistrictBazar-Korgon District
Elevation
728 m (2,388 ft)
Population
 (2009)
 • Total33,359
Time zoneUTC+6 (KGT)

Bazar-Korgon (Kyrgyz: Базар-Коргон) is a village in Jalal-Abad Region of Kyrgyzstan.[1] Its population was 33,359 in 2009.[2] The majority of its inhabitants are ethnic Kyrgyzs (approximately 80 percent) and the remaining 20% are predominantly ethnic Uzbek. The town has a large open air market. Shared taxis to the regional capital Jalal-Abad depart every 15 to 20 minutes.

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Soviet Military Map К-43-25". Archived from the original on 1 May 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
  2. ^ "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2017-01-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)