Beaches & Canyons
|Beaches & Canyons|
|Studio album by Black Dice|
|Recorded||December 2001 by Nicholas Vernhes at the Rare Book Room|
|Genre||Psychedelic rock, noise rock, ambient noise, ambient|
|Black Dice chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
|The Village Voice||C+|
This album presents a transition in sound for Black Dice, specifically from Hardcore to a more experimental, meditative sound. When asked about their change in direction, band member Eric Copeland said: "Our shows used to be 'all songs.' Then it would be songs with these long transitions between things, instead of just flat or silent. When Aaron came along, we got better at that stuff, and that became more what we wanted to play. Playing the songs became secondary".
- "Seabird" – 6:37
- "Things Will Never Be the Same" – 9:56
- "The Dream Is Going Down" – 11:06
- "Endless Happiness" – 15:26
- "Big Drop" – 16:39
- Eric Copeland: Vocals
Shure SM57, 2x Digitech PDS1002s, Flip 2 Power VTX Tremolo, Crybaby Wah, Electro Harmonix Custom Made 40Db Low-Noise Pre-Amp, Behringer Eurorack MX 602A Mixer
- Bjorn Copeland: Guitar
Boss Tremolo, Boss Harmonist, DOD Gonkulator, MXR Blue Box, ProCo Turbo Rat, Boss DD5 Digital Delay, Korg Kaoss Pad
- Aaron Warren: Bass Sounds, Vocals
Ragini Pro Electronic Tambura, Digitech PDS1002, Zvex Wooly Mammoth, Sony AM/FM Radio, DOD Mixer R855, Shure SM57, Sony Tapecorder TC260, Signalflex A/B Box
- Hisham Bharoocha: Drums, Vocals, Percussion
Shure WH20, Electro Harmonix Poly Chorus, Digitech Whammy Wah, Digitech RDS400 Time Machine
- O'Neill, Brian. "Beaches & Canyons – Black Dice". AllMusic. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Bernstein, Mike (October 3, 2002). "Black Dice: Beaches and Canyons". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian, eds. (2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. pp. 76–77. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- "Black Dice: Beaches & Canyons". Uncut (70): 112. March 2003.
- Christgau, Robert (22 April 2003). "Not Hop, Stomp". The Village Voice. New York. Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Favorite 100 Albums of 2000–2009". Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "Interior Clouds: Black Dice's Beaches and Canyons". Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Interviews: Black Dice". Retrieved 17 December 2014.
|This 2000s indietronica album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|