|Labels||Agora, Rock 'n Roll, Scotti Brothers, Amherst|
Beau Coup began in the year of 1983 as a recording project and performed under the name Pop Opera. They changed their name to Beau Coup at the end of 1984. The project was started by vocalist Tommy Amato (not to be confused with the prolific session drummer of the same name, also from Cleveland), guitarist Mike McGill and drummer Eric Singer. Eventually, Amato invited keyboardist and songwriter Dennis Lewin to join the project while he was playing in a band called Jonah Koslen and the Heroes.
In that same year after the Heroes disbanded, Lewin, Tommy's older brother Frank and Bill March joined the project. With the help from Henry LoConti Sr. and Henry LoConti Jr., proprietors of the Agora Theatre and Ballroom and the "Agora Record Label", the band released their 6 song EP titled Beau Coup, known as their (White Album) which featured mostly Lewin's songs. The first single released from that EP was "Still In My Heart" which was authorized for airplay by 98.5 WGCL's WNCX General Manager and Program Directors. The song became a top 10 record on the station. Subsequently Rock 'n Roll Records, a subsidiary of Scotti Brothers Records signed the band and the song was distributed by CBS Records in the year of 1984. Program Director John Gorman (radio) at WMMS also took great interest in Beau Coup and gave them extensive airplay and invited them to participate in many station events as well.
After much struggle with Scotti Brothers Records and after being released by the label, the Beau Coup "Born & Raised on Rock & Roll" album, CD, and cassette were finally released on the Amherst Record label in the USA and on A&M Records of Canada and Europe in 1987.
The song “Sweet Rachel” written by Dennis Lewin, reached #80 on the “Billboard Hot 100” singles chart and received much radio and video play internationally. Other Lewin songs including “Still in my Heart”, “Somewhere Out in the Night” and “Born & Raised on Rock & Roll”  were all picked by Billboard as “Hot Picks”  along with a video which was played on video shows in the US and abroad, including MTV and USA Video Hits.
Although Beau Coup disbanded in the early 1990s, from time to time they reunite to perform for several special events.
Because of the Beau Coup song "Jane" which Lewin wrote about the legendary rock music critic Jane Scott, they were invited to perform at her memorial service which was held at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio in 2011. Michael Stanley was also invited to perform but due to events beyond his control he was unable to attend.
- Tommy Amato ~ Lead Vocals / Background Vocals
- Frank Amato ~ Lead Vocals / Background Vocals
- Dennis Lewin ~ Keyboards / Background Vocals / Percussion
- Bill March ~ Bass Guitar / Background Vocals
- Donald Krueger ~ Drums
- Tim Pierce - (1984) - Guitar
- Eric Singer - Drummer
- Mike McGill ~ Guitars
- John Franks ~ Drums
- Jimmy Clark ~ Drums
- Billy Sullivan ~ Guitar / Background Vocals
- Danny Powers ~ Guitar
- Paul Sidoti - Guitar / Background Vocals
- Paul Wolf Christensen ~ Sax / Keyboards / Background Vocals
- Debi Lewin ~ Background Vocals
- Jennifer Lee ~ Background Vocals
- Rodney Psyka ~ Percussion and Background Vocals
- Michael P. Tyler ~ Backing Keyboards and Background Vocals
- "Still In My Heart" Agora Records - AG 82734-1 (1984) out of print
- "Still In My Heart" Rock 'n' Roll Records/Scotti Brothers, Entertainment/CBS, Inc. - ZS4 04632-3 (1984) out of print
- "Somewhere Out In The Night" Rock 'n' Roll Records/Scotti Brothers, Entertainment/CBS, Inc. - ZS4 04768-3 (1985) out of print
EP (Extended Play) releases
"Beau Coup" (White Album) Agora Records - NR 15514 (1984) out of print. All music and lyrics composed by Dennis Lewin except for "Desperation Blvd" written by Frank Amato, Mike McGill, Bruce and Cliff Norton
"Born & Raised On Rock & Roll" Amherst Records - AMH 93316 (1987) All music and lyrics composed by Dennis Lewin except for "Never Stop" written by Tommy Amato, Mike McGill, and Dennis Lewin. "The Hold On Me" written by Frank Amato and Mike McGill
Album's Track List
"Beau Coup" White Album
- Still In My Heart
- You Made Me Believe (In Miracles)
- Someday We'll Be Together
- Don't You Believe It
- Desperation Blvd
- Somewhere Out In The Night
Born & Raised On Rock & Roll
- Born & Raised On Rock & Roll
- Somewhere Out In The Night
- Find The Way
- Sweet Rachel
- Uptown L.A.
- Still In My Heart
- Never Stop
- Hold On Me
- "Local Drummer Tommy Amato’s Rock Relief Pays It Forward @HRRocksinoNP" @CoolCleveland.com Retrieved 3-11-2017.
- Jonah Koslen. "Jonah Koslen and the Heroes". Jonah.com.co. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Randolph Michaels (2004). Flashbacks to Happiness: Eighties Music Revisited. iUniverse. p. 365. ISBN 978-0595370078. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Born & Raised (On Rock & Roll) - Beau Coup | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Beau Coup - Still In My Heart - [STEREO". YouTube. 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Fact Check for Wikipedia". Dennislewinmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Still in my heart Rock n Roll". Dennislewinmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- (ISBN 978-1886228474) Gorman, John. The Buzzard: Inside the Glory Days of WMMS and Cleveland Rock Radio--a Memoir. p. 262.
- "Beau Coup - Sweet Rachel - [STEREO". YouTube. 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Billboard Hot 100: November 14, 1987". Billboard. Retrieved February 20, 2021.
- Still In My Heart Video
- Born and Raised on Rock and Roll Video
- "Wiki2". Dennislewinmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Beau Coup - Sweet Rachel". YouTube. 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wdUXCAhlrdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- "Jane Scott Memorial | The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum". Rockhall.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-28. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Deanna R. Adams. Rock 'n' Roll and the Cleveland Connection. p. 428. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Tim Pierce. "Tim Pierce | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Heaton, Michael. Kiss drummer Eric Singer: Heavy metal hometown hero "The Plain Dealer" September 12, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- KISS Drummer Eric Singer
- Taylor Swift Guitarist Paul Sidoti
- The Swift Agency "Paul Sidoti Profile"
- Beau Coup 30th Anniversary Reunion Concert
- "Paul Sidoti Website". Archived from the original on 2015-05-22. Retrieved 2015-06-10.