Taylor with the Nashville Sounds
|Born: February 13, 1990|
|September 1, 2018, for the Oakland Athletics|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Runs batted in||2|
Beau Ritchie Taylor (born February 13, 1990) is an American professional baseball catcher in the Oakland Athletics organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Oakland Athletics and Toronto Blue Jays.
Taylor attended Rockledge High School in Rockledge, Florida and the University of Central Florida (UCF). He played for the UCF Knights baseball team, joining the team as a third baseman but converting to catcher to keep his scholarship. In 2010, he played collegiate summer baseball in the Cape Cod Baseball League for the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox.
The Oakland Athletics selected him in the fifth round of the 2011 MLB draft. He was suspended for the first 50 games of the 2017 season due to testing positive for Adderall without a prescription. He became a free agent after the 2017 season, and signed a new contract with the Athletics.
Taylor was promoted to the major leagues on September 1, 2018. He elected free agency on November 2, 2018. He re-signed a minor league deal on November 9, 2018. On June 18, 2019, Taylor hit his first major league home run off Gabriel Ynoa in a 16-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. On August 14, Taylor was designated for assignment.
Toronto Blue Jays
Oakland Athletics (second stint)
- "Beau Taylor among local players inching toward the majors". Floridatoday.com. October 14, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Hadorn, Christopher (June 17, 2016). "Rockhounds: Converted infielder Taylor thriving behind the plate". Midland Reporter-Telegram. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Slusser, Susan (March 2, 2018). "A's catcher Beau Taylor is back on track after drug suspension". SFGate. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Taylor hits 1st MLB jack as A's rout Baltimore". MLB.com. Retrieved June 20, 2019.
- Hall, Alex (August 14, 2019). "Oakland A's call up Corban Joseph, DFA Beau Taylor". Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Davidi, Shi (August 16, 2019). "Blue Jays claim catcher Beau Taylor off waivers from Athletics". sportsnet.ca. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- RotoWire Staff (September 7, 2019). "Blue Jays' Beau Taylor: Designated for assignment". CBS Sports. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- Susan Slusser (September 10, 2019). "A's bring catcher Beau Taylor back, let Chris Herrmann go". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- Susan Slusser (September 25, 2019). "A's let Beau Taylor go again; he's helped mentor Sean Murphy". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved September 26, 2019.