Because It's Christmas
|Because It's Christmas|
|Studio album by Barry Manilow|
|Released||September 25, 1990|
|Producer||Barry Manilow & Eddie Arkin|
|Barry Manilow chronology|
Because It's Christmas is the first of three Christmas albums released by singer-songwriter Barry Manilow. The album was released in 1990 and was a huge success, becoming Manilow's first platinum album since 1984's 2:00 AM Paradise Cafe. It also began a period in Manilow's career in which he recorded cover albums. Each album would focus on a particular style of music. He continued this pattern until the release of Here at the Mayflower in 2001.
Because It's Christmas was the best-selling Christmas album of 1990 in the U.S. The album peaked at number 40 on the Billboard 200 album sales chart, and spent five weeks at number 1 on Billboard magazine's special, year-end, weekly Christmas Albums sales chart in December 1990 and January 1991.
- "The Christmas Song" - 3:54
- "Jingle Bells" (Duet with Exposé) - 2:39
- "Silent Night/I Guess There Ain't No Santa Claus" - 5:19
- "The First Noel/When The Meadow Was Bloomin'" - 5:01
- "Excerpt from Handel's Messiah/Because It's Christmas" - 5:28
- "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (Duet with K.T. Oslin) - 5:19
- "White Christmas" - 1:32
- "Carol Of The Bells/The Bells Of Christmas" - 4:48
- "Joy To The World/Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" - 3:46
- "We Wish You A Merry Christmas/It's Just Another New Year's Eve" - 4:47
- CD packaging
- Allmusic review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Christmas in the Charts (1920-2004). Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. p. 163. ISBN 0-89820-161-6.
- "RIAA Searchable Database - Gold & Platinum Certifications". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2010-12-16.[permanent dead link]
|This 1990s pop album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|