A Belarusian stamp depicting the BelAz 75710
|Body and chassis|
|Layout||Front-engine, four-wheel drive|
|Engine||2 × MTU DD16V4000 V16 diesel|
|Wheelbase||8 m (26 ft)|
|Length||20.6 m (68 ft)|
|Width||9.87 m (32 ft)|
|Height||8.165 m (27 ft)|
|Curb weight||360000 kg (793664 lb)|
The BelAz 75710 has a conventional two-axle setup but the wheels are doubled, four to an axle, like a scaled-up International Payhauler 350. For this reason it needs eight 59/80R63 tires. It also has four-wheel drive and four-wheel hydraulic steering which is unusual. It has a turning radius of about 20 meters.
The 75710 can carry a 450 metric ton (496 short ton) load. With an empty weight of 360 tonnes, it is much more heavily built than the previous model, which weighed 240 tonnes when empty. It is 20.6 meters long, 8.16 meters high, and 9.87 meters wide. The bed is relatively shallow, limiting the volume of material that can be carried.
Instead of a single engine, the Siemens MMT 500 drive system is powered by two MTU 65-litre 16-cylinder four stroke diesel engines, each with 2,300 horsepower. These are coupled to two AC alternators and four AC traction motors (two in each axle). Fuel consumption (according to company data) is 198 g/kWh per engine, with option to run on only one if carrying less than capacity loads. Maximum speed is 64 km/h, and economy maximum speed (when fully loaded and on a 10% gradient) is 40 km/h. The complex propulsion system, in addition to the shallow bed, doubled tires, and very heavy empty weight, has led to concerns about operating efficiency.
BelAZ produces the 75710 in a new facility constructed by Soligorsk Construction Trust No. 3. Overall, BelAz has invested $644 million in increasing its total production capacity. The first truck was delivered to the Kuznetsk Basin in 2013.
- "Belaz Unveils World’s Largest Mining Truck". Belaz Trucks Americas. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "BelAZ rolls out world’s largest dump truck". Belarusian Telegraph Agency. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Big Brummi: 450 Tonner "BELAZ 75710" - größter Lkw der Welt". Autoblog. 3 October 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Cамый большой в мире самосвал грузоподъемностью 450 тонн демонстрировали наБелАЗе". Zhodino. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "BelAZ to build 450-tonne dump truck 2013". Russia Supply Chain. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "BELAZ produced the world's largest dump truck with 450 tons load capacity". Land of Ancestors. 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.