This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Headquarters||185 Oakland Ave., Ste. 150, Birmingham, Michigan 48009, USA|
|Chief Executive Officer - Sheldon Yellen|
Chief Operating Officer - Mike Yellen
BELFOR is a multinational corporation that provides recovery and restoration services for structures damaged as a result of fires, floods, and other natural disasters.
BELFOR began as a Quality Awnings & Construction company in Dearborn, Michigan in 1946. The company changed its name to INRECON L.L.C. (for Insurance Reconstruction) in 1981. Taylor, Michigan-based Masco bought 25 percent of the company in 1997, and completed its purchase of INRECON in 1999.
As of February 2019, Belfor Holdings Inc. was in discussions regarding a potential sale to the American Securities equity firm. These were concluded successfully in April 2019.
United States operations
BELFOR USA Group Inc, doing business as BELFOR Property Restoration, is based in Birmingham, Michigan, and provides integrated disaster recovery and property restoration services. Belfor USA Group Inc. operates as a subsidiary of BELFOR Europe GmbH.
In 2007, BELFOR USA acquired Ductz International, LLC, an air duct cleaning and HVAC restoration franchise network with locations in 22 states. It acquired Hawaii Restorative Services of Honolulu and Coach's Catastrophe in 2010. BELFOR acquired BAMCOR in 2015.
In 2003, the Canadian branch of BELFOR worked to recover 100,000 books and manuscripts in the 17th-century Khan Collection at the Urdu Research Library of the Sundarayya Vignana Kendram, as a result of flood damage following record rains in Hyderabad in August 2000. The company was employed in Houston after Tropical Storm Allison in 2001, which caused damage to Jones Hall, the Wortham Theater Center, and the Alley Theater, with the loss of musical scores, ballet costumes and musical instruments, including three Steinway concert grand pianos.
In 2004, after Hurricane Ivan, BELFOR (UK) and BELFOR (Canada) performed thermal vacuum freeze trying to restore more than 4,000 boxes of documents, half of the vital records in the Cayman Islands National Archives. After Hurricane Katrina in 2005, BELFOR helped fulfill Tulane's campus-wide emergency plan, which included the “Landmark Undertaking” of the Tulane Libraries Recovery Center.
- 2012, RIA Phoenix Award; BELFOR Rebuilds UGI Headquarters
- 2013, Chrysalis Award, Residential Insurance Restoration; BELFOR helps family redesign their home after a devastating fire
- 2015, Chrysalis Award, Commercial Insurance Restoration; Restores Gallo Center for the Arts after a water damage
- 2016, Chrysalis National Award -Commercial Insurance Restoration; Restoring the historic Hanford Fox Theatre
- 2016, RIA Phoenix Award, Odessa Hospital; Award for innovations in restoration
- "History". Haniel. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Management buys majority of Belfor in $300M deal". Crain's Detroit Business. 2006-11-05. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "BELFOR Takes Over Largest U.S. Fire and Water Damage Repair Company". Insurance Journal. July 25, 2001. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Moody's changes Belfor's outlook to negative from positive, affirms B1 CFR and assigns Ba3 to new debt". 7 February 2019.
- "BELFOR USA Group Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Gardner, Paula (July 24, 2007). "Belfour [sic] buys Ductz from Ann Arbor company". mlive.com. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "BELFOR Announces Purchase of Hawaii Restorative Services". BBR. April 27, 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Welch, Sherri (October 31, 2010). "Belfor USA acquires Coach's Catastrophe". Crain's Detroit Business. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "ABOUT US". BAMCOR. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "BAMCOR, LLC has sold to BELFOR USA Group". EdgePoint. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "BELFOR Property Restoration Opens in Corpus Christi, TX". PR Web. December 15, 2016. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Klug, Elma (December 5, 2016). "Birmingham's Belfor Property Restoration Expands Texas Presence". dbusiness. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Ward, Marguerite (July 27, 2016). "Why this CEO personally sends a birthday card to each of his 7,000 employees". CNBC. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Oliver, Marshall (March 2003). "Saving the Irreplaceable" (PDF). Cleaning & Restoration. Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration (ASCR): 3. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- Copeland, Larry (June 13, 2001). "Houston drying out after deluge". USA Today. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Governor tours National Archive". Cayman Compass. February 3, 2005. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- Library, Howard-Tilton Memorial. "Research Guides: Hurricane Katrina Resources: A Guide: Hurricane Katrina and Tulane Libraries". libguides.tulane.edu. Retrieved 2017-07-18.[permanent dead link]
- "The "Landmark Undertaking" of the Tulane Libraries Recovery Center | American Libraries Magazine". American Libraries Magazine. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "LAC Group helps Tulane University Libraries mark Hurricane Katrina 10th anniversary - LAC-Group". LAC-Group. 2015-08-31. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "6 lessons insurers learned from Katrina". Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- "BELFOR UK: Be on RED ALERT - Alasdair Phillips - Chief Executive Officer". www.the-chiefexecutive.com. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Birmingham Restoration Firm, Belfor Sends Aid To Sandy Victims". 5 November 2012. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "NYU Medical Library Recovering from Superstorm Sandy". Library Journal. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- "Tomorrow's Cleaning June 2012". content.yudu.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Sterling, VA Remodeler - Belfor - Chrysalis Award Winner". chrysalisawards.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Sacramento, California Remodeler - Belfor Property Restoration - Chrysalis Award Winner". chrysalisawards.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Fresno, California Remodeler - BELFOR - Chrysalis Award Winner". chrysalisawards.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "A Peek Inside the 2016 International Restoration Convention & Industry Expo". Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Canadians to restore Ivan-damaged documents". www.compasscayman.com. Archived from the original on 26 December 2015. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- Belfor official website
- CNBC - BELFOR CEO: Sandy Clean-Up
- CBS MoneyWatch - How BELFOR Grew To Be #1 In Disaster Recovery
- Celebrating Our Economy - Sheldon Yellen has built a reputation for his unconventional management style.