|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2009)|
Bella Tromba are an all-female trumpet quartet founded in 2004. The four founding members all studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
They regularly appear at the UK's leading music festivals including Cheltenham, Harrogate, and Deal and are particularly active in the commissioning of new works for brass and trumpet quartet.
They are past winners of the Park Lane Group Young Artists award and are currently Live Music Now artists.
In 2010 they performed at the International Women's Brass Conference in Toronto.
Commissioned works and premieres
- Berceuse in a Box, 2007. By Paul Whitmarsh. Premiered Pump Rooms, Cheltenham Festival.
- Alveston, 2007. By Howard Skempton. Premiered Purcell Room, London.
- The First Four Trumpets, 2007. By Paul Max Edlin. Premiered Purcell Room, London.
- Ancient Battlefields, 2007. By Giles Easterbrook. Premiered Purcell Room, London.
- Booze, Ballads And Bloodshed, 2008. By Ross Brown. Premiered Harrogate International Festival.
- Gestures III, 2008. By Hugo Ribeiro. Premiered Deal Festival.
- There'll never be another you, 2008. By Gavin Broom. Premiered Bichester Jazz Festival.
- Jazz Songs for Trumpets and Vibraphone, 2008. By Gavin Broom. Premiered Harrogate International Festival.
- Colori di Roma', 2009. By Peter Longworth. Premiered Caledonian Club, London.
- El Grito del Silencio, 2010. By Susanne Erding Swiridoff Premiered International Women's Brass Festival, Toronto.
- Blast, 2011. By Bruce Knockles. Premiered Church Stretton and South Shropshire Arts Festival.
Live Music Now Fellows
Dorothy Parkinson Memorial Prize