|Known for||Source Code|
Ben Ripley is an American screenwriter best known for writing the science-fiction thriller Source Code directed by Duncan Jones. Ripley is a graduate of Stanford University and the University of Southern California's USC School of Cinema-Television.
Ripley sold his spec script for Source Code in 2007 to Universal Studios. It was ranked as one of the top unproduced screenplays in the annual Hollywood black list. In an interview with the Writers Guild of America, Ripley talked about his script and the uncertainty over its production:
Yeah, it was agony. And I wrote it on spec. I wasn't certain it would ever see the light of day. One thing that kept me going though was that I had a suspicion that if I got this right, it could really open a new level for my writing career. At that point, I'd spent about four years doing studio rewrites on horror movies that were never getting made. I knew that if I showed up with another spec script, I'd have to show up with something very different that took chances. That motivated me to keep going until it seemed right.
- Species III (2004)
- Species – The Awakening (2007)
- The Watch (2008)
- Source Code (2011)
- Boychoir (2015)
- Flatliners (2017)
- http://www.movieslug.com/actors/1024/ben-ripley.html[permanent dead link]
- Fernandez, Jay A. (16 December 2010). "Moon' Director Duncan Jones Returns to SXSW With 'Source Code". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-06-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Parallel Universes and Corpse Brains: Source Code Takes Science on a Trip
- http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=30413 Ben Ripley Writing The Seventh Day
- Sciretta, Peter. "The Hottest Unproduced Screenplays of 2007". Slash film. Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Faye, Denis. "Practice Makes Perfect". Writers Guild of America. Writers Guild of America. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- https://movies.nytimes.com/person/393155/Ben-Ripley/filmography The New York Times - Ben Ripley Biography
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|