Benjamin Drake (1795 – April 1, 1841) historian, editor, and writer born in May's Lick, Mason County, Kentucky to Isaac Drake and Elizabeth Shotwell. His elder brother was the physician and author Daniel Drake. Benjamin co-founded and for seven years was the editor of the Cincinnati Chronicle.
- Cincinnati in 1826. 1827
- The life and adventures of Black Hawk: with sketches of Keokuk, The Sac and Fox Indians, and the late Black Hawk War. 1838
- Tales and sketches, from the Queen City 1838
- Sketches of the civil and military services of William Henry Harrison 1840
- Life of Tecumseh: and of his brother The Prophet; with a historical sketch of the Shawanoe Indians. 1852
Benjamin married Maria Ogden on December 19, 1818 they had seven children: Francis, Elizabeth, Jane, Benjamin, Marie, James Fitch, and George.
- "Drake, Benjamin " American Authors 1600–1900. H. W. Wilson Company, NY 1938
- familysearch.org Accessed March 2, 2010