||This article possibly contains original research. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Benjamin G. Dy|
|Governor of Isabela (province)|
June 30, 1992 – June 30, 2001
September 22, 1952|
Cauayan, Isabela, Philippines
|Died||February 16, 2013
St. Luke's Medical Center, Quezon City, Philippines
|Political party||Nationalist People's Coalition|
|Spouse(s)||Cecilia M. Dy|
|Children||Maria Carmina Natividad Dy
Bryan Ferdinand Dy
Bernard Faustino Dy
Benjamin "Carlo" Dy, Jr.
Bien Francis Dy
Benjamin Dy III
Kaye Isabella Dy
Benjamin Victor Dy IV
Benjamin "Isabelo" Dy V
Benjamin "Charles" Dy VI
Jamine Yssa Dy
Selene Isabelle Dy
Benjamin Dy was a Filipino politician and a former Governor of Isabela (province). Dy was a member of the Dy political clan, whose members have held various elective posts in the province since the 1960s.
Benjamin G. Dy, Sr. was born in Cauayan, Isabela on September 22, 1952. The eldest among the children of the late political patriarch Faustino Dy, Sr. and Natividad Guzman-Dy, the mayor was known to be the most low-profile among the Dy siblings.
Benjamin Dy is survived by wife Cecilia M. Dy and 17 children:
- Benjamin Dy, Jr.
- Maria Carmina Natividad Dy
- Bryan Ferdinand Dy
- Bernard Faustino Dy
- Benjamin "Carlo" Dy
- Bien Francis Dy
- Cheyene Dy
- Fermarc Dy
- Benjamin Dy III
- Kaye Isabella Dy
- Benjamin Victor IV
- Tara Dy
- Benjamin "Isabelo" Dy IV
- Benjamin "Charles" Dy V
- Jamine Yssa Dy
- Selene Isabelle Dy
- Benedict Dy
Several of Dy's descendants became prominent public figures in their own right:
- Faustino N. Dy, Sr.patriarch of the family, is father of former governor and former Governor (1970–1992) and Mayor (1965–1969) of the province of Isabela
- Faustino G. Dy, Jr. is brother of former governor and former Representative of the 2nd District of Isabela from 1992 to 2001 before becoming a Governor himself in 2001 to 2004 (he was defeated in the 2004 Elections by Grace Padaca, current COMELEC commissioner)
- Faustino Dy III is brother of former governor and former Representative of the 2nd District of Isabela to the 14th Philippine Congress, served as Mayor of the City of Cauayan, Isabela from 1992 to 2001 and as Representative of the same District to the 12th and 13th Philippine Congress (2001–2007) and incumbent Governor of Province of Isabela (2010–present)
- Caesar G. Dy is brother of former governor and former Mayor of the City of Cauayan, Isabela (2001–2010)
- Napoleon S. Dy, is brother of former governor and former Mayor of the municipality of Alicia (2001–2010), and incumbent Representative (Congressman) of 3rd District of Province of Isabela (2010-Present)
- Victor G. Dy, is brother of former governor and former Barangay captain of San Fermin, Cauayan, Isabela (2001–2004)
- Arlene Dy-Maranan is sister of former governor
- Eloisa Dy-Valle is sister of former governor
Mayor Benjamin Dy, who served as Isabela governor from 1992 to 2001. Dy was supposed to run as Cauayan mayor in the 2013 midterm elections, but his son Bernard had to replace him in December because of his ailment.
Ben Dy died on February 16, 2013, due to complications from recurring emphysema at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Metro Manila on Saturday, a close aide said.
Ben Dy, 60, had been suffering from emphysema for years and died in the hospital at 1:30 a.m. Saturday, said Nestor de Villa, general services officer of Cauayan City.
Relatives said a wake has been set for three nights at Heritage Memorial Park in Taguig City before Dy’s remains will be taken here.
A wake was held at the Isabela provincial capitol on the night of February 19, 2013 and at Cauayan City Hall.
- Lagasca, Charlie (2013-02-17). "Ex-Isabela gov dies at 61 | Nation, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.