|Date of birth||14 January 1965|
|Place of birth||Klerksdorp, South Africa|
|Date of death||14 November 2013(aged 48)|
|Place of death||Stilfontein, South Africa|
|1999–????||Santos Cape Town|
|→Hellenic FC (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Masinga died on 14 November 2013 at the age of 48.
He was on the score sheet with his cousin in one of Bafana Bafana's first international matches in a 2–2 draw against Cameroon on 11 July 1992. His fifth and last international match was against Mauritius on 10 April 1993.
Style of play
Masinga died at the age of 48 after a short illness. Condolences flooded in for the Masinga family. Former Mamelodi Sundowns teammate Zane Moosa took to Twitter to mourn with his tweet reading "Eish, what a sad way to start the weekend. The passing of Bennett "Loverboy" Masinga, what a player! Robala ka kgosto Bennito". Phil Masinga also said "I idolised him. Followed him around as a youngster. Carried his boots for him just to see him play. All I wanted was to be as good in football as he was. No doubt he was a better player than me."
|1||11 July 1992||FNB Stadium, South Africa||Cameroon||2-2||2-2||International friendly|
- "Football : Bennett Masinga". Footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "LEGENDS CORNER: Phil Masinga still has one regret". Sowetan LIVE. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "RIP: Bennett Masinga". Kick Off Magazine. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Ex-Bafana striker Masinga dies | Sport24
- RIP Bennett Masinga - MTNFootball Archived 18 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bennett Masinga at National-Football-Teams.com