From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The origin of the name Berar or Warhad (वऱ्हाड) as it is spelled in Marathi, is not known. Possibly it may be a corruption of Vidarbha, the name of a kingdom in the Deccan which is mentioned in the Mahabharata.
Berar may refer to:
- Vidarbha, the eastern region of Maharashtra Province, India, historically known as Berar
- Berar Sultanate (1490 - 1596), one of the Deccan sultanates
- Berar Subah (1596 - 1724), a Subah of the Mughal Empire
- Berar Province (1724 – 1903), a province of British India under the nominal sovereignty of Hyderabad State
- Berar Division (1903 – 1947), a division of the Central Provinces of British India
- Berar (ship), a sailing ship built in 1863
- Central Provinces and Berar, a province of British India
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Berar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.