Berardo Carboni (born in Atri, 27 January 1975) is an Italian director.
Graduate in jurisprudence, he has a PhD in “civil problems of the human being”. As scriptwriter and director, he has made shorts and documentaries, including Roma in Quel Niente, a documentary about Federico Caffè with Giorgio Ruffolo, Valentino Parlato and Carlo Azeglio Ciampi. Since 2000 he has been working with Lara Favaretto on the making of videos for the art circuit that have been awarded in contexts such as “Furla Prize” “MomaP.S. 1 studio program”. Together with Favaretto, he also worked in 2003 on the TV film Buco Nell'Acqua, a docudrama with Sandra Milo, produced by Kublakhan for Mediatrade.
From 2005 until 2008, he produced and directed the project-film Shooting Silvio which was produced by popular subscription. It was selected and awarded at film festivals including Roma, Annecy, Tiburon, Kiev. He won the best director prize at the Gallio Film Festival.
From 2009 until 2010, he worked on “Vola Vola”, an experimental film entirely shot in a virtual reality. After having been presented to Geode of Paris, it was screened at a number of international Festivals and art forums and has been studied by critics and researchers.
In 2012 he directed Euros, a feature documentary that tells the story of three activists from the occupied Valle Theatre who decide to leave Rome to travel around the Europe of crisis and resistances. In 2014 he founded the production company "Piroetta". Since 2015, he has also directed and produced, with the company European Alternatives, "Talk Real", a European nomadic talk show for the web. Currently, he is working on “Youtopia”, a feature fiction film with Alessandro Haber, Donatella Finocchiaro and Matilda De Angelis. The film is scheduled for release in spring 2018.
- "Berardo Carboni". film.it. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Artredis takes out contract on 'Shooting Silvio'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Milano-Firenze, Mo-Net s.r.l. "Shooting Silvio (2007)". mymovies.it. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "E' italiano il primo film in Second Life - Corriere della Sera". cinema-tv.corriere.it. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Si gira "Youtopia", il nuovo film del regista Berardo Carboni". LaStampa.it. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "EROS". Vimeo. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "About – Piroetta". www.piroetta.it. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Talk Real - Euroalter Media". talkreal.net. Retrieved 2016-07-16.