|Region||Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug|
|Start of production||2007|
|Recoverable oil (million tonnes)||9.035|
|Recoverable gas||324.211×109 m3 (11.4494×1012 cu ft)|
The Beregovoye Field is a natural gas field in the northeast of Purovsky District, Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Russia. The field is developed by Sibneftegaz, a joint venture of Novatek and Itera. Sibneftegaz holds the exploration and development license for the Beregovoy license area until 2023.
The field was discovered in 1982 and it was named after Russian geologist Vladimir Beregovoi. It was to be developed by Sibneftegaz, a subsidiary of Gazprom. However, in late 1990s Gazprom lost control over Sibneftegaz and the main shareholder became Itera. The second largest shareholder became the Russian fertilizer producer Acron Group.
The field was ready for production in 2003; however, commercial production started only in 2007 after change in its ownership structure as Gazprom did not allowed produced gas to enter into the gas transportation system. In 2006, Gazprom through its banking arm Gazprombank bought back controlling stake (51%) in Sibneftegaz from Itera and commercial production started after that. In 2009, Itera bought Acron Group 21% stake in Sibneftegaz.
The field is connected by 32-kilometre (20 mi) pipeline with the Zapolyarnoye–Urengoi pipeline.
- "Beregovoy License Area". Novatek. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "ITERA Oil and Gas Company has put into commercial operation Beregovoye field" (Press release). Itera. 2003-05-23. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Beregovoye gas condensate field in Yamalo-Nenets autonomous district put into commercial operation" (Press release). Itera. 2007-04-19. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Gazprom continues to deny Itera access for Beregovoye". ICIS Heren. 2004-02-13. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "ITERA Shares Beregovoe with Gazprom". Kommersant. 2006-06-30. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Beregovoye gas deal in the pipeline". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. 2006-02-24. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Gazprom to buy Sibneftegaz stake and control of Beregovoye". ICIS Heren. 2006-02-28. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Acron Sells Its Sibneftegaz Shares to Itera-Vostok" (Press release). Acron Group. 2009-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Novatek offers Sibneftegaz buyback". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- Begum, Aleya (2010-12-17). "Novatek seals Sibneftegaz stake". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. Retrieved 2012-07-22.